After using my trusty Vox Valetronix for a while, I've decided to upgrade and acquire myself a nice little tube half-stack.

I'm going for the Whitesnake/Def Leppard/Skid Row kind of sound, so I'm guessing some sort of Marshall would be good.
I've technically got around £1400, but I'd like to keep it under 1k if possible, there are other things I need to buy.

Cheers fellers
Carvin X100B

Steve used them during his time with Roth and i think with whitesnake too, really cool sounding things those Carvin's, i seen them on ebay for a lot less than your budget.

I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
Carvin X100B

Steve used them during his time with Roth and i think with whitesnake too, really cool sounding things those Carvin's, i seen them on ebay for a lot less than your budget.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carvin-Legacy-Head-4x12-Cab-100W-Steve-Vai_W0QQitemZ170276816964QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170276816964&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

This was all that turned up for actual amps, but son of a gun, £360.00
Edit: Well, 360 for now.
Last edited by Retro Rocker at Nov 8, 2008,
shit i forgot i owned one of those, they would do pretty good on the glam rock sound, not too sure about the Metal tones, you'll need a distortion pedal as a boost for that. 360 is good for it, but a little too good!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
shit i forgot i owned one of those, they would do pretty good on the glam rock sound, not too sure about the Metal tones, you'll need a distortion pedal as a boost for that. 360 is good for it, but a little too good!

I've got a T.Rex Bloody Mary, it has some gorgeous metal tones in it.

Quote by al112987
marshall plexi

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-1987x/297
This is a reissue of the '79 model I think.
I know the JCM800 has a good reputation for having ballsy tones too.
thats a reissue of a late 60s. By the 70s, plexi panels were replaced with brushed metal panels.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Matamps?
Conford?

Haha. Um, check his funds availability again, neither of those are gonna happen.
Might want to look into a Laney AOR. Sounds kind of similar to a jcm800.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Cornford Roadhouse does that sound VERY well. Also, a jcm800 and a few choice pedals would get you that sound. Both can be had for well under a grand.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

laney tt might be cool... marshall jvm... maybe even engl blackmore? several options, to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?