can anybody tell me absolutely anything about a fender stratocaster with a single humbucker at the bridge. iv seen one for sale for £300 ($450-$500) and dont know if its worth it since a cant find anything except replacement scratch plates on the internet. thanks.
C

p.s. i dont know the year or any specifics about it, it was in a shop window and the shop was closed
Last edited by casebow at Nov 8, 2008,
yes there are strats with single coils in the neck and mid positions and a humbucker in the bridge. what type of music do you play? The guitar was probably a MIM fat strat or something. I actually wish I had bought this guitar instead of the 3 single coil strat i currently have. The humbucker's nice if you occasionally play around with heavier sounds than a strat would normally handle. Plus you can always swap it out and try out other humbuckers.
Someone probably bought a real Fender Strat and put a different pickguard on it with 1 humbucker.
Weekend Warrior
Quote by casebow
can anybody tell me absolutely anything about a fender stratocaster with a single humbucker at the bridge. iv seen one for sale for £300 ($450-$500) and dont know if its worth it since a cant find anything except replacement scratch plates on the internet. thanks.
C

p.s. i dont know the year or any specifics about it, it was in a shop window and the shop was closed
Models manufactured before 1998 included the Honduran mahogany-bodied Strat-O-Sonic guitars with the choice of Black Dove P-90 soap-bars or Atomic II humbucking pick-ups, which lasted until 2007. They also had single PU models.

EDIT: ^^

Wouldn't of been that one, that's MIA, I think, and costs about £800+ new. I don't think they'd let the price drop that much.

It could be a Tom Delonge Strat. I've heard they aren't very collectable, but I dunno, I've never played one to judge for myself, and I've only heard a few things.

Did it look like that?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Nov 8, 2008,
exactly like that one Lil Macker, except turquoise (yes i know, so its not exactly). it was in a cash converter, they are usually hopeless with valueing guitars so £300 probably isnt accurate. my friend bough a guitar from their for £200 and researched it to be worth £1500!
Last edited by casebow at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by casebow
exactly like that one Lil Macker, except turquoise (yes i know, so its not exactly). it was in a cash converter, they are usually hopeless with valueing guitars so £300 probably isnt accurate. my friend bough a guitar from their for £200 and researched it to be worth £1500!

You think thats bad, there was a vintage Danelectro in my local one, but I didn't have enough money to buy it! It was only £300 aswell. I love Dannys

Anyways, on the guitar, you'd might want to change the humbucker (if you buy it, of course) unless you plan to play punk and things; Invaders are a one trick pony really.

It's got the potential to be an awesome guitar!

EDIT: And it is more turqoisy in real life; the colour is Sea Foam Green, and that picture shows it blue for some reason.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
You think thats bad, there was a vintage Danelectro in my local one, but I didn't have enough money to buy it! It was only £300 aswell. I love Dannys

Anyways, on the guitar, you'd might want to change the humbucker (if you buy it, of course) unless you plan to play punk and things; Invaders are a one trick pony really.

It's got the potential to be an awesome guitar!

EDIT: And it is more turqoisy in real life; the colour is Sea Foam Green, and that picture shows it blue for some reason.

The guitar comes in Seafoam Green, Daphine blue (what your pic was), Rare Graphiti yellow, Olympic white, and Black.

The guitar itself is a good guitar if you are a blink fan, it has a straightforward sound. If you are gonna use it to play stuff other than pop punk/punk i reccoment a pickup swap or just a MIM HSS Fender

thanks a bunch chaps! i might get it and make it better, could be a good project.
ta!
c
Quote by Branflakes
The guitar comes in Seafoam Green, Daphine blue (what your pic was), Rare Graphiti yellow, Olympic white, and Black.

The guitar itself is a good guitar if you are a blink fan, it has a straightforward sound. If you are gonna use it to play stuff other than pop punk/punk i reccoment a pickup swap or just a MIM HSS Fender

I thought it was Sea Foam Green, but it was just the pic...

Oh well, I was watching rugby at the time!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by casebow
C

It s the tom delonge strat ?
Do you sell it again ?
Quote by damdam182
It s the tom delonge strat ?
Do you sell it again ?

can you not revive dead threads from 8 months ago. seriously.