Alright, so we're trying to plan a tour around the UK next summer.

Any help regarding venues to check out, places to rent equipment, cheap rent-a-vans, possibly accommodation....

This tour is completely DIY, we have to talk to the venues and book the shows, travel, find places to stay etc. so any tips would be much appreciated.
If your coming to south wales, TJ's in newport is an ok place to play: http://www.myspace.com/tjsnewport

Not really sure if I can help you with much else really.
Good luck though, i'll probably come see you if you play TJ's your bands pretty good.

Edit:
Just had a thought, give these guys a message : http://www.myspace.com/no76theband

They'll probably be of more help than I am.
Last edited by badgerific at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Music Box in Manchester erm Ruby Lounge in Manchester are some gig places

do you by anychance know how to contact any of the promoters for the ruby lounge? weve been wanting to play there for awhile

manchester also try satans hollow

liverpool doesnt really have anywhere for small gigs but lately theres been some gigs put on under the news to nowhere bookshop in this cool little basement room, might be worth talking to the promoters there
I'm gonna try and do a UK tour in the spring unless I find a cheap flight out to Dubai, then I'd like to play some shows there with y'all.

I've got some contacts in the UK and I'm sure they'd be willing to help y'all out. They do a bunch of house shows especially in Southampton, Dublin and the like. Word.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Our guitarist has family in Wales, so we'll be headed there; so we'll definitely try stopping off at Newport. Thanks for that!

The problem right now with Manchester is accommodation, but we'll try sorting something out there. Right now there seem to be plenty of options in London as well.

We would probably rent a van and use that for transport; we would be touring with my other band, so the van might be a bit cramped to sleep in....

We have family in Liverpool, so any basement gigs there would be great; can I please ask for contact details for the people holding those shows?

Whyvern, any contact details would really be appreciated, as we're looking to stop by at as many places as we can. I would recommend a UK tour more than a Dubai tour though; there's an incredible lack of "un-commercial" gigs in Dubai at the moment, apart from the ones we try and organize, which seem to only happen once in 6 weeks or so.
yeah im in work now, but ill try to find a minute at home to post the promoters details for you or ill pass yours onto them.

i wouldnt worry about accomadation in manchester, theres alot of very cheap hostels you could stay at, or if youve got family in liverpool its only about a 40 minute drive away at night
Quote by FuzzyBear
do you by anychance know how to contact any of the promoters for the ruby lounge? weve been wanting to play there for awhile

manchester also try satans hollow

liverpool doesnt really have anywhere for small gigs but lately theres been some gigs put on under the news to nowhere bookshop in this cool little basement room, might be worth talking to the promoters there

No I don't but I'm sure if you go there you'll be able to get their details. If I'm around the city centre this week I'll pop in for you.
To be fair, Adarsh did live in Cyprus for some time. We have crossed paths.