I have a peavey 5150 and i need help setting up distortion that doesn't have major feedback so i can play in my room.

When i try to turn on distortion on my crunch pedal it just annihilates my ears with major feedback. I have been failing hearing test and shit.

I guess thats the rock n roll lifestyle
You're running a distortion pedal with the 5150?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
distortion+distortion = getting deaf cause of feedback
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Haustinj
it is the build-in pedal that came with it.

There is no built in pedal in the amp.......lol?

Do you mean the amps natural distortion??
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
it has a peavey pedal that hooks up in the back...but i just wanna know how what setting on the head?
Quote by Haustinj
it has a peavey pedal that hooks up in the back...but i just wanna know how what setting on the head?

That's commonly called a foot switch; not a pedal. That's why people have been confused.

What level do you have pre gain and post gain at when you start getting feedback?

At bedroom volume levels you really shouldn't be getting feedback even with your pre gain maxed. Unless you are having band practice in your bedroom lol.

You should probably buy a noise suppressor; if you play guitar with high gain for any length of time you will need to get one eventually anyways.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by Haustinj
I have a peavey 5150 and i need help setting up distortion that doesn't have major feedback so i can play in my room.

When i try to turn on distortion on my crunch pedal it just annihilates my ears with major feedback. I have been failing hearing test and shit.

I guess thats the rock n roll lifestyle

Naw us smart folk wear ear plugs when our amps get loud. Turn the gain down, don't sit so close to the amp.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."