Here's the deal, I have Windows Vista and about $200 bucks to spend on software/interface. The software needs to have some drums, and MIDI options, the interace needs an XLR as well as a 1/4" line input, MIDI I/O would be nice also, but not neccessary. Already have mics and all that shit, I'm just upgrading from an MR-8. Thanks.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Last edited by freshtunes at Nov 8, 2008,
http://www.zzounds.com/item--TASUS122L

As for drums, try the free ones on the stickies. This comes with some software, so you won't have to purchase anything separately (though you could afford Acid Studio or Reaper).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Will that function ok with Vista? Many people have told me after buying interfaces/software/etc that say they are compatible with vista, they dont work right.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Well, it's hard to tell with each configuration, but there are drivers for 32bit and 64bit versions of Vista on their website (I checked before recommending it). Just know the return policy of wherever you buy from and you should be ok.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 10, 2008,
You can also look at the Tascam site for drivers to see if they have vista ones listed. However, just because they are there doesn't mean they work flawlessly...

I found M-Audio ,(IMO at least) to make the best drivers for Vista. I have been running Vista for over a year now and been running Vista with M-Audio for just about a year now and I've never had any problems.