An extra $20 won't change the quality of your guitar dude.

Both brands are great - I'm a Yamaha Pacifca dude. Have been playing for 10 years and still think it's awesome.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Pacifica for sure. It's way more versatile than the Les Paul, and it'll probably last you longer as well. They're really good guitars for the price.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Id go for the pacifica. its more versatile. you can get your heavy rock sounds out of the bridge humbucker and more clean and hendrixy tones out of the singer coils.
Get the Pacifica, don't get a Special II, if your going to get an Epi Les Paul, get the LP-100
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Get the Pacifica in the natural satin finish. Amazing quality and price for what it is.
get the pacifica, even though its 20 bucks cheaper, its better than the special II, with that your paying for a crappy guitar just because its a les paul.

Pacifica is pretty good for the player starting out though.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^