I don't think that they are reliable. I'd invest at least 20 bucks on straplocks.
ಠ_ಠ
Dont go with anything other than Schaller Straplocks. They are unbeatable, and not expensive either.

Seriously man.

EDIT:

Link
I use Schallers, they've never failed me.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
they work great. another cheap alternativ is rubber-washers from beer bottles.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
My main deal is, i really want a system that i don't have to "install". Like taking out the old and screwing in new ones. I've heard horror stories from people who did that and the new ones weren't as secure. The ones that came with my guitar are very sturdy and i have read many comments from people never having a single problem.

I do agre though, you get what you pay for but sometimes all you are paying for is a name and a name isn't always synonomous with quality.

Still, anyone else have any recommendations? Looking to get a wide range or products to look into.
Quote by dcvlehr
Still, anyone else have any recommendations? Looking to get a wide range or products to look into.

DiMarzio cliplock style system should do it.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Cliplok-2Inch-Strap?sku=364661 Or similar.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
and just curious, but what kinda tool did you use to remove your old ones and screw in the new ones?
just a screwdriver
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
just a screwdriver

Same here.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by dcvlehr
My main deal is, i really want a system that i don't have to "install". Like taking out the old and screwing in new ones. I've heard horror stories from people who did that and the new ones weren't as secure. The ones that came with my guitar are very sturdy and i have read many comments from people never having a single problem.

I do agre though, you get what you pay for but sometimes all you are paying for is a name and a name isn't always synonomous with quality.

try the clip lock starp as suggested earlier that will be a direct change
also im pretty sure schallers are too
the dunlop more expensive ones is where you hear the stories from but its because people try to cut corners
if you fill the hole and then drill in the new holes you wont have any issue must people just try to put them directly in
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
try the clip lock starp as suggested earlier that will be a direct change
also im pretty sure schallers are too
the dunlop more expensive ones is where you hear the stories from but its because people try to cut corners
if you fill the hole and then drill in the new holes you wont have any issue must people just try to put them directly in

What did you use to fill in the previous holes?
Quote by SheikYerbouti
Dont go with anything other than Schaller Straplocks. They are unbeatable, and not expensive either.

Seriously man.

EDIT:

Link

+1
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by dcvlehr

It'd be easier if you just used the old screw that came with the guitar.
Quote by Iceman 420
It'd be easier if you just used the old screw that came with the guitar.

Would that still work with the Strap lock system though?
Quote by dcvlehr
Would that still work with the Strap lock system though?

Yeah...they're just screws.
Oh god... I see this thread has gone stupid. Seriously, we dont need to bombard this poor TS with every different type and brand of straplock.

Seriously TS - Listen up.

Buy the SCHALLER STRAPLOCKS. I have linked them above.
You unscrew the old strap buttons on your guitar. Nothing fancy. Just unscrew.

Screw in the new strap button.
Attach straplock to your guitar strap.

And lock.

Simple.

Just do it, and all will be well.
I promise.
Quote by Iceman 420
Yeah...they're just screws.

No, the thicker screws won't fit through the hole for the strap lock system.
Quote by SheikYerbouti
Oh god... I see this thread has gone stupid. Seriously, we dont need to bombard this poor TS with every different type and brand of straplock.

Seriously TS - Listen up.

Buy the SCHALLER STRAPLOCKS. I have linked them above.
You unscrew the old strap buttons on your guitar. Nothing fancy. Just unscrew.

Screw in the new strap button.
Attach straplock to your guitar strap.

And lock.

Simple.

Just do it, and all will be well.
I promise.

What does TS stand for?
. The issue with that is will the new screws hold firm because i have heard and seen from people that it doesn't. That is why i asked what you would fill in the hole with to create a new base to screw into.
dimarzio cliplock is the best by far, there is a reason people like Yngwie use it.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
I use those strap locks and they are very good for the money. I've had no problem with them slipping off and every time I've had to remove the strap for whatever reason, the things haven't moved at all.
Quote by dcvlehr

any old wood filler woorks or wood something in general as long as you fiill up that hole good
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I've heard breaking toothpicks up works for filling in the hole.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
I've heard breaking toothpicks up works for filling in the hole.

Ive also heard it doesn't lol
Quote by Swap-Meet
another cheap alternative is ducktaping the shit out of your strap....My friends do it and it works great for them.

no screwing of any kind either

and im sure you're friends have guitars worth less than $300. I don't know about you, but i wouldn't duct-tape up my Schecters
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by helsinki_vampir
they work great. another cheap alternativ is rubber-washers from beer bottles.

I use these, yet to fail me.
Yeah, be wary of messing around with the screws that come with your guitar. My current guitar's kept coming out, and by screwing them back in all the time i wore down the thread. Then my guitar strap starting coming off and taking the screws with it. I had to shove some broken matchstick down there to fill it up, and i still don't trust it.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
i've heard a lot of good things about the schaller locks. Does anyone have any knowledge if the screw that comes in the pack is the same size as the screw that comes on an Ibanez s520ex?

i would NEVER duct tape a guitar that i liked. I'm no scientist but i doubt the adhesive on the tape is any good for the finish on your guitar.
Quote by dcvlehr
i've heard a lot of good things about the schaller locks. Does anyone have any knowledge if the screw that comes in the pack is the same size as the screw that comes on an Ibanez s520ex?

i would NEVER duct tape a guitar that i liked. I'm no scientist but i doubt the adhesive on the tape is any good for the finish on your guitar.

I had to use the screws that come in the pack on my S470, if I remember rightly the screws that came on the guitar were too big so I had to use some wood filler to make the new ones fit right.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.