Poll: what should i do about the song
Poll Options
View poll results: what should i do about the song
Screw Him And Keep It
76 87%
Try and write a better song
11 13%
Voters: 87.
this guy i used to ply guitar with pretty much told me to go screw myself and joined another band.he wasnt willing to wait for me to get back from iraq.so anyways i asked if i could change up one of the songs we wrote and his words were"go ahead dude, i dont even like that song anymore, keep it." so i re wrote most of the song and spiced up the original parts, threw that bitch on myspace , and bam, people like. i guess he got wind of it, and him and his band recorded the old version , and he messages me, " dude, it sounds great , but u need to change it, cuz we are playing that song live," my version is about two minutes longer with like 12 different riffs, and has like a trivium/a7x feel to it, while the older version that they are playing, has 4 different riffs and sounds like a children of bodem in training type deal. so what should i do?? i know this ****er is gonna go around playin his version live, but i spent 6 mos writing this song, and i dont want to just throw it away!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Kill him.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
The Four Horsemen (Metallica) vs Mechanix (Megadeth)?

Now stop making pointless threads, unless they have pictures.
1rst Vote FTW and keep it he cant take it since he gave you permission to change and keep it.
Jesus Christ, it takes you 6 months to write a song?

Get on a course or something, man.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

I know, it takes me 6 minutes to write a song.

They aren't very good or anything, but whatever.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by rabidguitarist

no, just this on in particular. i kept changing parts and adding stuff here and there and it took me six months to expand on it, instead of just throwin some riffs together, i took alot of time to do arrrangements and make the song interesting, besides, i work 12 hrs a day 7 days a week....so yeah my free time is a wee bit limited
(\__/)
Screw Him!!!
"The Good Thing About Music Is, When It Hits You, You Feel No Pain" - Bob Marley
"When the power of Love over comes the love of power the world wil know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

::type

Quote by DaysoftheBlue
copyright it then sue their asses

It sounds like you did most of the work on the song. You can copyright it, and if they try to sue you, you'll have pretty much everything going for you: You have the legal rights to the song, the guy said he didn't care, and then when he found out people liked it decided to take it back (sounds like an Indian giver).

tl;dr he's a spoiled brat and you should copyright the song.
Go talk to axemanchris in the Bandleading forum. Basically if you take it and change the melodies and stuff he can't do anything about it.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
the song is on my ug profile titled " Eradication" to hear the original, look up "glory of the forgotten" on myspace they are located in augusta ga
(\__/)
Quote by boreamor
Learn to punctuate, then write a song that makes sense.

if u dont like the song, or my grammar, here is a solution. stay the **** off my page, and stay the **** out of my posts, o.k.?
(\__/)
Quote by Sicko 21X7
if u dont like the song, or my grammar, here is a solution. stay the **** off my page, and stay the **** out of my posts, o.k.?

I'd kindly like to say that I did not penetrate your post ^^ Sorry if I offended, I can get quite elitist about grammar! But seriously, copyright it THEN write a better song aswell.
There is only one option.

Guitar duel to the death!
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Quote by rabidguitarist

why didn't someone tell Cliff Burton that ? (in regards to Orion)

i say keep your version, hes just jealous because your version is far superior to his in technical terms, and fears ridicule and embarassment from his adoring fans
He said you could re-write it. Therefore, you have his consent, and the song is yours now because you re-wrote it to something you saw as fit. Therefore, screw him and keep the song.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal