I am a junior in highschool and we are having a talent show in about a month. I played in a talent my freshman year and I played fade to black by myself and did very well. I want a solo guitar piece to play this year. I was thinking about cliffs of dover because everyone knows that song from guitar hero but I might have a hard time learning that in time for auditions in 1 month. What are some other good, not insanely hard songs I could play?
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Do some jazz. I suggest Joe Pass.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I'm a Barbie Girl

I dunno
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Yea, Satriani wouldnt be bad. i did a talent show last year at my school, me and the previous drummer in my band, and we just did an all-out made up solo (we planned of course) but if it was me i would mix in stuff from eruption, and just MAKE a solo. a lot more origional.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Nah, go with "So What" - Anti Nowhere Leauge (Made famous by Metallica though).

"I even sucked an old mans cock, SO WHAT?!"

Do it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
surfing with the alien

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
sequoia throne - protest the hero
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Canon Rock.
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
yeah surfing with alien wouldnt be bad either or u could the devil's slide (unless you go to a cathoilic school lol). eruption would be a good choice but it is used way to much in talent shows.
lazy by deep purple if you have a keyboardist
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
True - Ryan Cabrera.

BAM! Instant poon.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
The Trooper or Die with your Boots On.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
you could play "Bron Yr Aur" by Jimmy Page, although you would need an acoustic guitar and i don't know if that's your style. i performed "Since I've Been Loving You" along with a backing track i go off the internet, maybe that could be an option?
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Ten Words is EEEASSSSYYY. Should be able to learn it in no time. Or, Dream On.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
I'm playing A Spoonful of Slurry - Tera Melos at mine but you might not be able to learn it in time (I never heard of those songs so i dont know how good you are) But... thats all i got.
Something SRV or Hendrix. Texas Flood, Voodoo Child...or if you want entertaining, 3rd Stone From the Sun
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Just go play some simple scales. Improv something. The high school I went to once had a talent show where some kid go up on stage playing an Epi Les Paul 100 (the one w/the bolt-on neck) and he just played some random scales, notes, and the occasional chord......he took second place. While I was just sitting there like this

and you may ask why I didnt enter the show...I have the worst stage fright of anyone. I can guarantee that there isnt another user of this site that has the same level of stage fright that I have.
back on topic
either do a little improv deal or go with something off of Buckethead's "electric tears" album.
manhattan by eric johnson
(bad grammar i know)
soothsayer-buckethead
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Whatever happened to writing your own piece?

this. write your own shit and see how people like it.
blahblahblahblahblahblah did you enjoy this?
Quote by 05t16
inb4 i cum blood

i cum bllod could be good actually... it sounds good and isnt too hard