Hi all im new here and looking of r a new guitar...im looking at either the epiphone les paul studio or ltd ec-256. I play moslty metal on the electric as i have an acoustic for the clean stuff. What are the pros/cons of each and which is a better buy?

thanks
Hunter
i say go epiphone, their way more versitile, besides ltds just rip off other guitars and put emg pickups in them they dont have any original designes.
Quote by ch3wy1113
i say go epiphone, their way more versitile, besides ltds just rip off other guitars and put emg pickups in them they dont have any original designes.

+235896 ignorance points

I'd say get the LTD. I think they have better quality control and Epis. Plus I think the neck is much more comfortable.
Quote by DaveyAreAwesome
+235896 ignorance points

I'd say get the LTD. I think they have better quality control and Epis. Plus I think the neck is much more comfortable.

QFT..i love mine, i bought it after 6 years of being a strictly ibanez player, my LTD feels just like my ibanez thats y i love it....and it feels jut like my ESP i bought 3 days ago.....(alexi-200) sold 2 guitars and a paintball gun to get it
Quote by ch3wy1113

even if thats your opinion, the quality control is much better for the ltds, thats a fact.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
In that price bracket, get the LTD.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
LTD. I have three and they're really great guitars. Even the 200 series are pretty upgradable.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
I have an epiphone lez paul standard (cherry sunburst) and i dont know what an LTD is. Trust me an epiphone is a good guitar so i would go with that.
i have a quote unquote "goth" series epi studio, it sounds really good after a pickup upgrade of about 150 bucks. ive never played an ltd. but ive heard really good things about them
Quote by guitargod321
I have an epiphone lez paul standard (cherry sunburst) and i dont know what an LTD is. Trust me an epiphone is a good guitar so i would go with that.

so he should trust your lack of knowledge and use that as his answer to which guitar he should pick?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
LTD there :]

Epiphones aren't anything special IMO, i've played a few, they don't play as good as my Tokai. (IMO again.)

LTD has better spec by far.

:]
Really though, get the LTD, it is a much nicer guitar, like the guy above me said, while epiphones are still good, they are nothing special.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Really though, get the LTD, it is a much nicer guitar, like the guy above me said, while epiphones are still good, they are nothing special.

I believe the EC256 is made in Vietnam... I doubt the QC is that great.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

My SC-200 is made in China. It's almost flawless and plays ridiculously good for the $165 I paid for it.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
I owned a Epi Les Paul when I started, but I'd go with the LTD!
The aged black looks great, especially with the gold binding (which I seem to remember the studio doesnt have).

EDIT: One thing I do prefer about the LP Studio though is the open coil humbuckers, just prefer the sound, and yes I can tell the difference, hehe.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Dollar for dollar, LTD guitars will blow Epiphone out of the water every time ( for metal ). Bigger frets and more of them, shorter scale for easier playability, better pickup choices, and faster necks. Again, there might be some better choices over at Epiphone for other stuff, but not for metal.
thanks for all the input guys...so apparently the popular choice is the ltd...ive only played the Epi LP...i have to find a dealer near me to play a ltd but i definitely wan to play them both before i buy one

I have the LTD AX-2E that is built in Vietnam and the quality is great.

Go with the LTD.