Alright well I currently have a Cort G210 and Kustom 16 Arrow, (Pretty shitty equipment but i got it ways back to see if i was interested in playing guitar). So now i have evolved my skill a lot and I am half decent.

I am looking to get a Gibson SG or a Gibson Les Paul with either a Marshall or Line 6 amp.

Now the SG vs. Les Paul I will just go to a local store and try both out and see which I like better (although if you have suggestions please feel free to tell me which you think is better) but I do not know if I should get a Marshall amp or Line 6.

If I got a Line 6 it would most likely be a Spider 3 75 watt and I am not to sure about marshall though.
please don't play a gibson through a spider or an mg.

look at some tube combo's instead.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
If you so much as plug a Gibson into a Spider or an MG then I will personally track down where you live, drive across the continent, come to your house, and smash your guitar over your back.

Assuming you like the Gibson designs, my advice is to get an Agile AL (if you're smart) or even a higher-end Epiphone, like a Les Paul Ultra, a G-400 or a Prophesy.

With the money you save by not getting a Gibson (whose neck would eventually snap on you anyway) you can get an alright tube amp like a Peavey Valveking.
Last edited by Arbitror at Nov 8, 2008,
You should really spend more money on an amp then a guitar.

What's your budget?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Listen. Ditch the Gibson. They are mostly overpriced, slightly better than good Epiphones right now. Get a Nice $600 Schecter and you will have a quality, versatile instrument that will last a long time. Now take the money you saved from not buying the Gibson and add that to your amp fund. You should have around at least $1000 for an amp. Now get something nice. I would suggest a Fender Deluxe Reverb for good cleans, a Mesa DC-5 for metal/hard rock, and Orange Rocker for classic rock sounds.

In summary, no Gibson unless you can get enough money to buy a nice amp with it. NO SPIDERS OR MGs with any guitar over $300.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Listen. Ditch the Gibson. They are mostly overpriced, slightly better than good Epiphones right now. Get a Nice $600 Schecter and you will have a quality, versatile instrument that will last a long time. Now take the money you saved from not buying the Gibson and add that to your amp fund. You should have around at least $1000 for an amp. Now get something nice. I would suggest a Fender Deluxe Reverb for good cleans, a Mesa DC-5 for metal/hard rock, and Orange Rocker for classic rock sounds.

In summary, no Gibson unless you can get enough money to buy a nice amp with it. NO SPIDERS OR MGs with any guitar over $300.

i'd go for a USA strat over a schecter but theyre both much better value

look at epiphone elitists too.

what genres are you playing, TS?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
if your so set on getting that guitar, instead of buying the mg or the spider III get a 5w tube combo or at least a peavy vyper or roland cube, although you should really get a tube amp.

stay away from all mg marshalls and spider III line 6 amps.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

Some strats are worth it, but for all I could guess he might be a raving metal head so I was going to suggest a strat for that. I picked Schecter because of the versatility. I should've thrown in LTD EC-1000s and Epi Elitists. The Elitists can be found used for around $800.

Edit: Jump on this. It is an AMAZING deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Elitist-SG-electric-guitar-DiMarzio-pickups_W0QQitemZ290273333501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item290273333501&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Hey UG,

i currently have a line 6 spider III 15watt, and i play a RR3 ($700) through it and i hate the tone for anything except black metal.

i need to know what amp to buy, i don't need any half stacks just a good 30watt

recomendations?
Quote by consanguinei
Hey UG,

i currently have a line 6 spider III 15watt, and i play a RR3 ($700) through it and i hate the tone for anything except black metal.

i need to know what amp to buy, i don't need any half stacks just a good 30watt

recomendations?

How about you... I don't know, make your own thread instead of hijacking this one?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
as far as solid state amps go, peavey vyper and the roland cube are still recommendations.

If you can spend more money and want a versatile tube amp, i own a line 6 spider valve, not the best sounding tube amp but you can still get great sounds out of it, it also has all the modeling of the spider III 75w, except that most of these tones sound good, not like ass, which is how they sounded on the sIII.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by consanguinei
i don't have a budget

well then youll be getting a great tube amp if you have no budget
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Marshall

I would like to say get an MG, but apparently saying such things has been banned by UG.

Like the others said, get a nice Marshall Tube Amp.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Marshall

I would like to say get an MG, but apparently saying such things has been banned by UG.

Like the others said, get a nice Marshall Tube Amp.

Oh, you can still say it man. feel free.

The only downside is nobody will listen to you after you do though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You should really spend more money on an amp then a guitar.

What's your budget?

i would be willing to put $1,750 at most into it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

i am playing classic rock and metal

anything from ac/dc to metallica to the who
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh, you can still say it man. feel free.

The only downside is nobody will listen to you after you do though.

Haha pretty much lol

whatever I still like my MG
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Cejis33
i am playing classic rock and metal

anything from ac/dc to metallica to the who

im clueless on american prices

look at a ESP eclipse or a jackson DKMG

as for an amp i'd say and engl screamer 50w combo or something similar

just dont cheap out on the amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
im clueless on american prices

look at a ESP eclipse or a jackson DKMG

as for an amp i'd say and engl screamer 50w combo or something similar

just dont cheap out on the amp

where you from then?
Hopefully its Canada like moi! haha

and ya the ESP Eclipse looks nice and haha i wish i had enough money to get the Engl Screamer but i would really have to get a crappy guitar or none at all
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Some strats are worth it, but for all I could guess he might be a raving metal head so I was going to suggest a strat for that. I picked Schecter because of the versatility. I should've thrown in LTD EC-1000s and Epi Elitists. The Elitists can be found used for around $800.

Edit: Jump on this. It is an AMAZING deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Elitist-SG-electric-guitar-DiMarzio-pickups_W0QQitemZ290273333501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item290273333501&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

oh shit
if only I could find a Les Paul Epi Elitist that cheap =[