can you put any tube in the head of an amp or does it have to have certain ones in certain amps? im asking because im thinking of changing my tube
This is a MotherFxcking Invatation
Last edited by xXCRA1GXx at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
They are different. What amp do you have?

harkte GT60
Quote by xXCRA1GXx
harkte GT60

yeah different tubes use different sizes and power so look into that (i don't know anything about that amp)
btw, nice signature, lamb of god=badass
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
yeah different tubes use different sizes and power so look into that (i don't know anything about that amp)
btw, nice signature, lamb of god=badass

thanks
You can use any 12ax7 (ECC83). Bare in mind that different brands sound different and you can mix different brands in different positions.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
You can use any 12ax7 (ECC83). Bare in mind that different brands sound different and you can mix different brands in different positions.

would you recommend a decent head?
Quote by xXCRA1GXx
would you recommend a decent head?
If you want a new amp, make a new thread about it. Or do some research. You should consider bands/genres you like to play. The perpose of the amp (gigging/clubs/pubs/wembley/practice) too.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
If you want a new amp, make a new thread about it. Or do some research. You should consider bands/genres you like to play. The perpose of the amp (gigging/clubs/pubs/wembley/practice) too.

k thx
Originally Posted by saitenslayer
GET A CRATE!!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHAT YOU NEED A STRAT SOINDS REALLY NICE WITH A CRATE!!!!!!
____________Gear______________
Fender-squire Stratocaster
crate-FXT30

yeah it will make your strat sound nice like, ice picks in your ears!!!!!