link for a cheap bt wireless router that will enable wifi please?

EDIT: ****, I think I got ripped off, I got internet a few years ago, and I got Bt option 1 with the bt voyager 220v adsl router....Can I ask Bt to give me wireless router 4 free? Also, it it worth getting teh Ipod touch without wifi?
Last edited by slipknotrawr at Nov 8, 2008,
Go to places with WiFi, then do it.

And the mods don't give a fuck if you don't like the Only threads. They're there for a reason and you need to follow it like everyone else. When you post, it will send the thread to the first page, and people will help you.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
The built in wifi means it connect to a wireless network. So if you are in your own home then you need a wireless router for it to be able to get a connection. Some places (wifi spots) like McDonalds etc have free wireless internet. At these places it will see the available connection and let you use it (assuming it's free - otherwise it will be password encrypted).
im also looking into getting an ipod touch for christmas, the 16 gig. They use flash memory right?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
wi-fi= wireless internet. if you have wireless internet in your house your ipod will connect to it and you will be able to surf the web. if you go outside your house (where there is no wi-fi in range) you cannot surf the interwebz. to have wi-fi you need a router but if you already have wireless internet in your house that isn't a problem. you can use it anywhere as long as you have a wi-fi connection. if you go to a friends house and want to use wi-fi you can use it if they have wireless internet, all you need to do is type in the WEP code (a code that will allow you to use the wireless network. it's there so nobody uses it without asking.) if they have one on their router.
Oh for **** sake....

If I phone up BT, (my ISP) will they give me a free wireless router? And after I get the wireless router, will it be as simple as just turning the Ipod touch on, and then I will be able to? And will the code be on the router?
Quote by slipknotrawr
Oh for **** sake....

If I phone up BT, (my ISP) will they give me a free wireless router?

Don't you get that home hub thing with all BT internet anyway? The homehub is a wireless router by the way.
Quote by slipknotrawr
Oh for **** sake....

If I phone up BT, (my ISP) will they give me a free wireless router?

No, they cost like...$20. Or you can just ask your neighbor if they have wi-fi, and see if they'll let you use it if you give them like, $3 a month.(Its only for your iPod.)
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by jmilli2
Don't you get that home hub thing with all BT internet anyway? The homehub is a wireless router by the way.

I have a shitty Bt voyager 220V ADSL voice router....****ing hell...
Quote by slipknotrawr
Oh for **** sake....

If I phone up BT, (my ISP) will they give me a free wireless router? And after I get the wireless router, will it be as simple as just turning the Ipod touch on, and then I will be able to? And will the code be on the router?

so, your saying you don't have internet but are using your mind to post in a website forum?

edit: just saw above post

no u cannot use the interwebz on your ipod then
Quote by jmilli2

no, tis wired....
Quote by n to the k
so, your saying you don't have internet but are using your mind to post in a website forum?

I don't have wireless...

And will I somehow be able to use my wired router on the I pod touch?
dude, don't tripple post. thats asking for a warning. no there is no way that you can do that. also google is always your friend.