Do you think its bad to learn bend-intensive songs written in eb tuning without tuning down? I figured it would increase endurance.

This is my third day or so of trying to learn the solos in sweet child of mine and my fingers are freakin wore out. Its pissing me off cause I can't progress through the song once while practicing even at 30% of tempo cause the bends are killing me.

I have 10's on my LP right now. I'd rather not switch to 9's cause of the setup it requires.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at Nov 8, 2008,
Have you tried it in Eb? I don't think it'll make much difference - E and Eb have never really seemed too different to me, tension-wise.
Quote by Flying Couch
Have you tried it in Eb? I don't think it'll make much difference - E and Eb have never really seemed too different to me, tension-wise.

Yes. Its a slight bit easier. I find myself bending too sharp in eb sometimes if I'm not careful.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Just work in standard. You'll build up finger strength with practice.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
In that case, I recommend practicing it however you plan on playing it in the end - if you're going to be playing it in Eb, practice it in Eb.