Hey, i've been recording some new stuff lately
And i need others opinions on my music.
so
Myspace.com/graspingedge

Check it out.
And tell me how it is?
Myspace.com/Graspingedge
Well as much as i like nirvana (And i really do)

I think you did a great cover of son of a gun (The geetar solo at the end sounded quite awesome)
And also the Something in the way was nice.
(Not going to judge the others cause don't think i know them)
Except The Song Of A Gun could be better tough u know vocally.
I am not saying you can't sing, Cause you can sing ur not bad.
But it hears like you're definitely not into it at that time.

(And is it me or did i hear someone grunting in the background of something in the way ? like really soft ?

My band btw: www.myspace.com/jestercide <<< Where called Jester.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
I don't normally listen to covers, but the cover of "Son of a Gun" sounds quite good. The only real "issue" with this tune is that most of the instrumentation sounds very mechanic or computerized.

As the above poster mentioned, the vocals seem kind of restrained - almost as if you're nervous to sing or you're shy. I think that the tunes would sound a lot better if you used your full voice more.

In terms of mixing some of the tunes seem kinda of sloppy - all the parts get mushed together, which is not good. Try experimenting with different mixes. Try and make sure that the vocals stand out from the mix.

If you've got some spare time give some of my acoustic tunes a listen and let me know what you think: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I don't normally listen to covers, but the cover of "Son of a Gun" sounds quite good. The only real "issue" with this tune is that most of the instrumentation sounds very mechanic or computerized.

As the above poster mentioned, the vocals seem kind of restrained - almost as if you're nervous to sing or you're shy. I think that the tunes would sound a lot better if you used your full voice more.

In terms of mixing some of the tunes seem kinda of sloppy - all the parts get mushed together, which is not good. Try experimenting with different mixes. Try and make sure that the vocals stand out from the mix.

If you've got some spare time give some of my acoustic tunes a listen and let me know what you think: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968

Yeah, i have a hard time with singing. I get really nervous.

And how would i go about making the vocals stand out?
Myspace.com/Graspingedge
U could make the vocals stand out, By doing the vocals last on a whole new different track and try to make it stand out by efx like lets say chorus and a little delay.

(But i personally think that with son of a gun you just have to sing louder en turn the volume in the mix up)

www.myspace.com/jestercide
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
The first thing you can do to make your vocals more prominent is record them on a separate track and then turn the up in the mix, so that they are (slightly) louder than everything else. If you really dislike the sound of your voice you can use some effects to alter it's sound more to your liking.

However, I find that the thing that really makes a big difference in how your voice sounds is just singing the track over and over and over and over until you get a take that you're happy with.

I'm not a terrific singer, and I wish I was much better, but the key to sounding good and being comfortable is to simply keep doing it.