how things change within in hour haha... ok well since Line 6 and Marshall seem to be shit according to some people and I am taking there word for it and some people have suggested Peavey.

I am willing to spend probably $1,750 on guitar equipment and since i would probably want a nice guitar over $1,000 and a wah-wah pedal since i only have distortion right now. That leaves me with probably $500 for an amp. I play metal (not really heavy stuff just Metallica, Megadeath) , hard rock, classic rock
So few questions

1) Is Peavey good quality and worth to buy
2) Is the Peavey Vypyr any good
3) What would you suggest to get for an amp

(Right now I am looking at the Peavey Vypyr and the Peavey Classic)
If you want the absolute best metal tone possible, I would look at a peavey 5150 or even 6505

amps are more important than guitar as far as tone is concerned

If it were me I'd purchase a nice Schecter or Jackson and Get a peavey 6505 combo
man i have played the peavey vypyr at guitar center i was only playing on 2 and there was a guy behind me playing drums if i ahd turned it up to like 4 you wouldnt have been able to hear him. The amp goes to 15 so it is pretty damn loud. i also am contemplating on buying it. the one i played was the 75watt its was only 299 so it would leave you more money to spend on that axe. here is a link to it on GC it is a combo amp not sure if thats what you are looking for but loud non the less.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922877-i1413607.gc
Why do you want a guitar that is over $1000 when it isn't that important tonewise compared to the amp? All you need is something quality that has good playability.

If you must spend that much on a guitar, get a 535q wah and this amp with whatever overpriced guitar you get and you will have a great rig.
Spend more on your amp. You can get an excellent guitar for like $500-$700.

Peavey is nice, especially to your wallet. The 5150 and 6505 have someg of the best OD tones out there, but the cleans are ass.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Why do you want a guitar that is over $1000 when it isn't that important tonewise compared to the amp? All you need is something quality that has good playability.

If you must spend that much on a guitar, get a 535q wah and this amp with whatever overpriced guitar you get and you will have a great rig.

alrighty well what would you suggest if i went more for the amp
Get a 1750 amp and a 500 dollar guitar or do something like 1200 dollar amp and a 700 guitar
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by acdcrocks0323
A Mesa DC-5. It is basically a Mesa Mark IV with a little less features. It will do everything you want from an amp.

alright can you find me a link to it cuz i cant find it on muscians friend or zZounds
You will have to buy used because they are discontinued, but then again, most good amps are.

Ebay, guitar center, and craigslist are your best friend.

Listen to some clips on youtube to see if you are interested. Then, go find one to play in person.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You will have to buy used because they are discontinued, but then again, most good amps are.

That's a good point. I often wonder why they discontinue such great amps, especially if they are in such high demand. You'd think they would want to make teh monies....but I guess thats what re-issues are for...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by +ProphecyEM2FX+
The amp goes to 15 so it is pretty damn loud.

, that doesn't affect the volume or wattage of the amp. it just means they chose different numbers to place in positions of the knobs.
and to threadstarter, line 6 and marshall aren't shit, just the spider series and mg series are. and for sure spend AT LEAST as much on the amp as you do on the guitar. amps affect the sound much more than the guitar does.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
if you want the BEST metal/rock tone you will ever hear, get a peavey 5150 or 6505.
if they are too much for then the peavey valveking 212 is the next thing down from that.
the Valveking is WAY better than the vypyr
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by Cejis33
alright can you find me a link to it cuz i cant find it on muscians friend or zZounds

One, they're used. Two, if they were new, they wouldn't be for sale online. Mesa does not allow any of their products to be sold online, only in store.

Quote by SOADriff
if you want the BEST metal/rock tone you will ever hear, get a peavey 5150 or 6505.
if they are too much for then the peavey valveking 212 is the next thing down from that.
the Valveking is WAY better than the vypyr

Wrong, it's not WAY better. It's OK for what it does, you still get a nice all tube tone. But the vypyr is more versatile and you get lot more than what you pay fr..
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

1)yes
2) the vyper is a transistor amp, try the windsor or Valveking if you want a cheap peavey
3)look in 2