alright guys so i have my lil esp ltd ex350 (the one with the floyd rose and the passive pickups)
i bought it this summer online because i had never seen a 350 before and ive been really happy with it but ive been looking to get some new pickups.

it has the stock emghz pickups and they dont really sound that well compared with other guitars so ive decided to get some new ones BUT thats the catch. ive never changed pickups before since i havent been playing very long and this is only my second guitar so i was wondering if anyone could help me choose new pickups.

i hear active dont play well with floyd roses but if theres any actives that do id like to learn about them. or if you just wanna post up some passive pickups that would sound nice that would be swell also.

thanks.

btw ive only seen two videos and two pictures of anyone using the esp ltd ex350 and there not sold anymore.
anyone know why that may be?
Quote by metallicaman051
i hear active dont play well with floyd roses
Thats just not true.

As far as passives go, Duncan 59s are great, as are DiMarzio Evolutions or Breeds.
what kinda of actives would sound nice. i was looking at some dimebuckers but idk what kind of work id have to do put some actives in there.

and thanks il check more into those
Quote by metallicaman051
what kinda of actives would sound nice. i was looking at some dimebuckers but idk what kind of work id have to do put some actives in there.

and thanks il check more into those

dimebuckers aren't active LOL. and they are really bad too. Either go for some really nice passives (Dimarzio are tough to beat), or go the active route with Seymour Duncan Blackouts or EMG 81/60 81/85.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
i play alot of heavier stuff but im getting a 7string guitar soon so i wont tear this one up when i play really low tuning. so pretty much something that plays metal pretty well but can also play some light rock too while sounding good on either
Quote by metallicaman051
i play alot of heavier stuff but im getting a 7string guitar soon so i wont tear this one up when i play really low tuning. so pretty much something that plays metal pretty well but can also play some light rock too while sounding good on either

A Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo would be perfect for what you play. Good cleans, plenty heavy.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
dimebuckers aren't active LOL. and they are really bad too. Either go for some really nice passives (Dimarzio are tough to beat), or go the active route with Seymour Duncan Blackouts or EMG 81/60 81/85.

oh my bad i just read on them and it said they were active. and i was thinking blackouts for my seven string so maybe il just hit up some nice passives for this guitar till i get enough money to get 81/60
Quote by Necrophagist777
A Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo would be perfect for what you play. Good cleans, plenty heavy.

alright thanks man il look into those
If i were you id go for some passives, as actives only really sound good with a rich type of wood, and us not knowing about your EX350 might be dodgy, so we cant be sure if it has good natural tone. For heavier stuff, yes, look at Seymour duncan JB's, and most of the dimarzio high outputs will be good. If you want to spend a lot, bareknuckle are very good.