So, I need to get my own rig to play with my band instead of using my friends Behringer 450w with a matching 810 cab. (Now you see why I'm needing something else )

Surprisingly, the Behringer stack has what it takes to play with an insane drummer, and a 100 watt marshall head w/ a 4x12 and a 150watt Line6 also with a 4x12. I can borrow the Behringer as long as I want, it belongs to a dude in another band, but practices where my band practices.

Anyways, do you think a Ashdown MAG300 with an Acoustic B115 cab will be able to play with them? It's really all I can afford. Then later a 4x10 cab for maximum wattage, but I just don't have the money...

I don't mind using the Behringer, but if the Ashdown head isn't enough, I can wait. What should I do?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Last edited by CLIFF_BURTON at Nov 8, 2008,
the behringer 8x10 really isnt a bad cab. its actually quite good.
the old bassist for the band "Sophia" ( www.myspace.com/sophiarock ) used to use a behringer 8x10 with an SVT-4Pro and it sounded AMAZING live.

so, if you can keep using that 8x10, then use all ur money on a nice head.

how much do you ahve to spend total?
Well I have $250 and my parents usually do 'christmas' early. I don't really know how much they'll spend, so it's hard to say how much.

I agree about the Behringer cab though, it's really not that bad, but I just don't want to depend on my friend's gear, his band plays shows quite often.
Quote by breakdown123
I actually know bassists in really good bands who use the Behringer 8x10! It's a really good cab.
I would say be personal experience to get the mag and plug it through any cab you want. There's probably millions of behringer 8x10's floationg around on ebay going cheap.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Will the MAG 300 have any headroom over the guitarists? I know that with the 4ohm head and 1 8ohm cab it will be less than 300 watts...
Quote by breakdown123
i think the 300 at 8 ohm pushes 185 watts. Is the 810 8 ohm? If it is, you could carry on using that and get a 115 cab to get the full power out of the head.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Humanity should get in here, he knows Acoustic's well.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Yeah, but I think he only has experience with the AB50. I think I'm gonna wait and go with the Ashdown MAG300, just $50 more, and 100 more watts.
Quote by breakdown123
Not a bad choice by any means.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic