Page 1 of 2
Just thought it would be something to pass sometime for all on here. in my case it would have to be

1957 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty with Gold hardware.
I have a KAY not sure the year or model but i like it.
and if you cant tell by the name I am getting the Epiphone Prophecy EM-2 FX

and you.....
My dream guitar: Any les paul that Jimmy Page has played.
I own: Fender deluxe players stratocaster
I am getting: Either Gibson or Epiphone Les Paul Standard (i can't decide :S)
I'd love an ESP Eclipse II with EMG's. And maybe a triple rectifier wouldnt go astray....
Dream guitar: Gibson firebird VII or Zak wylde les paul
Own: Washburn 7 string
Getting: Epiphone firebird studio
dream: $150 yamaha acoustic
own: $80 SX acoustic
*electric guitars are overrated*
Dream: anything that I design and hand-craft myself...
Have: Squier and Ibanez, both starters
Getting: ??????? (need new amp first)
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD
Last edited by MetlHed94 at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by seljer
dream: $150 yamaha acoustic
own: $80 SX acoustic
*electric guitars are overrated*

If you think electric guitars are overrated, you're not in sync enough with your instrument. Your instrument is your friend, man.

Dream: Custom Shop '61 style SG with Bare Knuckles, locking trem, 25.5 scale, looks neck through but is actually set-neck, wizard neck contour with jumbo frets, Korina body, goncalo alves neck with pau ferro board... <3
Own: Ibby JS100 with Bare Knuckles, soon to be TOTALLY PIMPED UP.
Getting: ... shit, I just realised I'm not getting anything anytime soon! D:
Quote by Rock Pig
If you think electric guitars are overrated, you're not in sync enough with your instrument. Your instrument is your friend, man.

I'm too lazy to bother to turn on my amp

....or fix my amp so I can even turn it on in general
Quote by seljer
I'm too lazy to bother to turn on my amp

....or fix my amp so I can even turn it on in general

... Ah. Okay. Fair enough, then.
Own: Schecter 006 ( ), Bugera 333XL combo (great for what I need, eventually it will be replaced)

Dream:

Guitar: ESP SV, Eclipse I FT, Eclipse I FR, Eclipse w/bigsby (I wanna put barenuckle mules in this one), Ibanez RG2228
Amp: ENGL powerball 100w head w/ a 4x12 cab.
Last edited by edusty2010 at Nov 8, 2008,
Dream: Manson M1D1 (unrealistic dream, lol)
Have: Sigma 12-string acoustic (...what?)
Getting: Fender Squier, then probably a B.C. Rich Mockingbird
Dream guitar: Schecter ATX blackjack 7 string FR (if they make that)
Guitar I have now: Epiphone LP standard
What I'm getting next: A new amp... Peavey Vypyr 60 hopefully.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dream:Customshop, neck through tele wiht floyd and EMGs, And a jackson cutom king V
Own:Behringer Metalien
Getting: Bc rich NJ dluxe V, schecter jeff loomis
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Dream guitar: Don't know, really. I have a couple of ideas for a custom-build, but none existing other than in my mind.
Have: Gibson LP Standard Faded, Epiphone LP Standard.
Getting: Fender Am. Standard Strat, almost sure on that, but not 100 %. Probably within one or two weeks from now.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Dream - Ibanez LACS RGA 7 string, BKPs and all that stuff.

Have - Ibanez S470, completely stock.

Getting - Ibanez RG1527.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Oh yeah, I want one of those Moog jobs so badly.
And a Manson.

And a private stock PRS should be on anyone's wishlist.
Quote by Rock Pig
And a private stock PRS should be on anyone's wishlist.

I don't think so. I for one don't like playing PRSs at all; they're absolutely beautiful instruments but the necks are very uncomfortable to me.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't think so. I for one don't like playing PRSs at all; they're absolutely beautiful instruments but the necks are very uncomfortable to me.

When you have an instrument that expensive though, you don't play it often. It's more of a trophy. I don't endorse this viewpoint, but...
Would you take a $10000 piece of kit to a pub gig?

Unless it's one of those Fender EVH models, which I am now putting on this thread.

Dream Guitar: Fender EVH
Dream: Some Carvin custom or something. Either that or build my own.
Have: Epi LP Special II
Getting: Washburn WI 200 Pro
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Rock Pig
When you have an instrument that expensive though, you don't play it often. It's more of a trophy. I don't endorse this viewpoint, but...
Would you take a $10000 piece of kit to a pub gig?

I wouldn't buy a $10000 piece of gear at all, guitars are meant to be played IMHO. Anyone who buys a guitar for a trophy rather than to make music with it might as well have bought a papier-mâché replica because they're just taking up wood that would be much better used in something that's actually going to produce sound.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Dream: a custom Ibanez FR with a OFR and SD Blackouts or a custom Dean Split Tail with 24 frets and an OFR and SD Blackouts
Own: Ibanex RG350DX
Getting: either a Dean ML XM to mod(paint + electronics) or a Dean Split Tail FR
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I wouldn't buy a $10000 piece of gear at all, guitars are meant to be played IMHO. Anyone who buys a guitar for a trophy rather than to make music with it might as well have bought a papier-mâché replica because they're just taking up wood that would be much better used in something that's actually going to produce sound.

I agree.
But actually, if I could, I WOULD buy a $10000 guitar.
And in fact, I WOULD gig it! Or what would be the point having it?

I did say, I didn't endorse that viewpoint.
Dream: A 24 Fret HSH Mahogany Stratocaster with a painting of my Girlfriend(I should have one if i can afford this right?)
Own: Epiphone G-400
Geting: American Telecaster
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Dream rig

Fender Mustang (JB full sized bucker in the bridge, texas special in the neck, or a stacked Jazz. Custom greenburst paint job, with black PG)
Fender Jaguar HH (Vintage one, that I would mod, in sunburst with a tort PG)
Gibson Les Paul Standard (Super distortion & A PAF, in green burst with black PG)
Fender 50's style Telecaster (JB full sized bucker in the bridge, and 1 texas special in the middle, 1 in the neck. In sunburst with white or black PG)
Fender MIA Standard HSS strat (Sienna burst, maple fretboard, white PG)
Mesa-Boogie dual rectifier
EHX Double Muff
EHX Big Muff
EHX Small Clone
BOSS BF-3

maybe a really cool/good delay.

Yeah it probably won't happen anytime soon/ever but I can dream..

Current rig : Squier Jagmaster, Crate V-50, EHX Double Muff.

Getting : Some guitar within a 1,000$ budget...Having one hell of a ****ing time deciding.
Dream:A custom shop gibson firebird i saw in a local shop for £2500. Trust me, there's nothing in this world more beautiful.
Own: Samantha, my black mexican stratocaster. it's a very dull guitar and i disliked it at first, but I've since grown quite attached to it (and named it like a crazy person).
Getting: I don't really know, but I'd quite like an epi les paul custom when I get some more money.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by Rock Pig
I agree.
But actually, if I could, I WOULD buy a $10000 guitar.
And in fact, I WOULD gig it! Or what would be the point having it?

I am 10000000000000% certain I could find a better use for $10000 than a guitar...I mean damn, I could get a fully custom guitar with exactly the specs I want and a neck find comfortable for about 1/5 of that amount. Then buy a half decent car and learn to drive.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Own: Gibson Special Faded SG
Want:
Gibson Les Paul Classic, jimmy page classic paint job
Gibson SG '61 Reissue, Bare Knuckle Pick ups, Possibly Blue
Jackson RR3 EMG pick ups not duncans.
Fender Telecaster American, Humbucker in neck, Blues pick up in bridge (not sure what kind those are in tele's)
Fender Stratocaster SSS, Orange/Black burst. (sexyyyy...)
Gold Top Gibson Les Paul
Same as TC, 1957 Black Beauty with 3 Pick ups and a Bigsby..mm...yes

Will get:
Custom Made Les Paul (I'm making myself)
Possibly the '61 reissue or a les Paul

I've been saving up to get one and I've got about 550. Maybe even a schecter hellraiser C-1 FR
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I am 10000000000000% certain I could find a better use for $10000 than a guitar...I mean damn, I could get a fully custom guitar with exactly the specs I want and a neck find comfortable for about 1/5 of that amount. Then buy a half decent car and learn to drive.

Sentimental value.
Guitarist first, person second. I get very attached to my guitars <3
Thst's why they make $10000 guitars, yanno? For nuts like me. Except, ones with the money ;_;
Quote by Rock Pig
Sentimental value.
Guitarist first, person second. I get very attached to my guitars <3
Thst's why they make $10000 guitars, yanno? For nuts like me. Except, ones with the money ;_;

So you admit you're nuts? That's all right then, as long as we all know you're crazy it's all good

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
dream guitar: something that is lightweight, has really great tone, no floyd rose or locking trem. system, isn't ugly(im looking at you, parker fly), short scale neck, humbucker in bridge, single in neck, comfortable neck, grover tuners, the list could go on.
guitar I have: Epiphone G-400
guitar I will (eventually) get: I plan on getting one of the following, even though it will probably be two years before I do, Fender Deluxe Players Strat, Fender Mustang, Fender Jazzmaster, or a Fender Telecaster

Yes, ive started to like fenders.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

So you admit you're nuts? That's all right then, as long as we all know you're crazy it's all good

Hell yeah

As far as a dream rig...
Marshall Randy Rhoads
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS9
MXR Boost/Linedriver
Crybaby wah with ALL the features (fasel inductor, variable sweep and stuff...)
Fuzzzzzzz Face. With extra Zs, meaning more fuzzzzzzzz!
MXR EVH phaser and flanger
MXR Blue Box (so awesome)
Dream Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst from the original run (79 - 82)
Have: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Getting: A Tele? :p

I'd really like to own at least two LP Customs; the aforementioned silverburst and a white one from the early nineties. However, LP Customs cost A LOT, even used, so I'm satisfied with what I've got right now, although I would really like a Tele and some passives to warm up my Hellraiser. And i'd also like to build a Jazzmaster like Kurt from Converge has.
Quote by Rock Pig
Hell yeah

As far as a dream rig...
Marshall Randy Rhoads
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS9
MXR Boost/Linedriver
Crybaby wah with ALL the features (fasel inductor, variable sweep and stuff...)
Fuzzzzzzz Face. With extra Zs, meaning more fuzzzzzzzz!
MXR EVH phaser and flanger
MXR Blue Box (so awesome)

We're doing dream rigs as well? Oooo, right:

Guitars:
LACS RGA 7
RG1527
S470
Fender FMT HH Tele

Amp:
Splawn Nitro

Effects:
MXR Phase 90
MXR Zakk Wylde OD
BBE Boosta Grande
Some kind of delay...probably MXR
And maybe the MXR 10 band EQ.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
A customize guitar (PRS or Ibanez) would be nice, but if I can get a PRS tremonti with the trem under two grand that would be great too; then I'm set. I already have two Ibanez RG520s (blue and brown)
Dream guitar:Jackson KE2 and PRS CU24
Current guitar:Ibanez SA160QM
Getting:Jackson KE3
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Dream Guitar - Music Man John Petrucci or PRS Custom 24

Current Guitar - Godin Detour

getting - Not planning on getting any guitars any time soon but I've got my eye on a few BC Rich V models (either the KKV or NJ Deluxe), some Jacksons(DKMG and RR3), a PRS SE 24, and some Washburns (X40Pro and WV40V). Although I plan on picking up a Peavey VYPYR 75 as soon as possible.
Dream Guitar - Completely custom ESP...either an EC or EX body...not listing the specs, but it would be AWESOME...
Current Guitar - My first and only guitar, my Squire Strat...I hate Strats now...
Guitar I'm Getting - Getting a PRS SE Singlecut at Christmas.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Page 1 of 2