probably
what guitar are you putting a metal gaurd on
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Don't forget, wikipedia can be edited by anyone.
And I think that if that IS true, it's due to the pickup being mounted in that plate. It'll make a larger difference in a strat than it will in a Les Paul, if you get my gist.
But I would have no reason to disbelieve that if the pickup was in the metal scratchplate, it might sound a little different.
Quote by Rock Pig
Don't forget, wikipedia can be edited by anyone.
And I think that if that IS true, it's due to the pickup being mounted in that plate. It'll make a larger difference in a strat than it will in a Les Paul, if you get my gist.
But I would have no reason to disbelieve that if the pickup was in the metal scratchplate, it might sound a little different.

Yeah, thats why i thought id ask in here. Itll be for my Squier strat, all single coil.
Quote by guitarcam123
it should be better for the hum

Well thatll be nice, since i get loads of interference on mine.
Quote by Mitchell?
You'd never be able to hear the tone difference, it it even exists.

How do you explain the vastly audible twang factor of a tele in comparison with the strat, then?
As well as the bridge, I'd attribute part of that to the metal plate.

Oh, maybe the pickup, too >.>
im pretty sure the metal pickguard wont work with a sustaining pickup, so dont get a sustain pickup
Im probably going to be keeping the pickups stock, exept maybe putting in a SD hotrails in the bridge.
Should be fine. You can dial out any unwanted differences in your amp. Plus, you'll look badass
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
be careful, TS.

in addition to changing the pattern of the magnetic field on the coil of the pickup (and changing the tonal characteristics), if a metal pickguard resonates, it can make the pickup prone to acoustic feedback. Also, the pick can move, in relationship to the pickguard, unless the mounting springs are VERY strong. this movement is not a big deal if the pickguard is plastic. but if metal, this ability to be moved will also cause acoustic feedback.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I agree with someone you knew, I've heard it causes horrific feedback.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
be careful, TS.

in addition to changing the pattern of the magnetic field on the coil of the pickup (and changing the tonal characteristics), if a metal pickguard resonates, it can make the pickup prone to acoustic feedback. Also, the pick can move, in relationship to the pickguard, unless the mounting springs are VERY strong. this movement is not a big deal if the pickguard is plastic. but if metal, this ability to be moved will also cause acoustic feedback.

What if it's a metal like aluminum which isn't as prone to magnetic pull?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
What if it's a metal like aluminum which isn't as prone to magnetic pull?

It can still cause feedback but it won't change the overall tone like steel would.
Not taking any online orders.
Well from what the guys said, i should be ok. I mean i know theyre selling it and all that but they cannnot advertise falsely can they?
Quote by b2spirita
Well from what the guys said, i should be ok. I mean i know theyre selling it and all that but they cannnot advertise falsely can they?
of course they can't advertise falsely.

no one has ever made false claims just because it would be more trouble than it's worth to sue them over it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Why would i need to sue them? Id just return it and get a refund, since i have a personal garantee it wont do anything. Therefore the product is not sold as advertised, therefore i can return it without any problems.