I got some quesions about it, fortunately, they're not complicated.

First, should I always use my fist when finger rolling?

Should I get used to it for every fingers?

And should I always always use that technique?

Simple enough
Quote by kevC4
I got some quesions about it, fortunately, they're not complicated.

First, should I always use my fist when finger rolling?

Should I get used to it for every fingers?

And should I always always use that technique?

Simple enough

No, Yes, and No, what would guitar be without changes in technique? Everyone would be the exact same. You should practice everything with every finger just in case some maniac comes up, and chops off every finger except your ring, thumb, and pinky, but you still want to finish the show (or you know, for future technique in rolling), and fisting can be nice from time to time, but sometimes, you need to wish it up and finger it a bit.
Quote by Techfire
No, Yes, and No, what would guitar be without changes in technique? Everyone would be the exact same. You should practice everything with every finger just in case some maniac comes up, and chops off every finger except your ring, thumb, and pinky, but you still want to finish the show (or you know, for future technique in rolling), and fisting can be nice from time to time, but sometimes, you need to wish it up and finger it a bit.

i'm sorry, i just had to.......

however, the advice is good.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i'm sorry, i just had to.......

however, the advice is good.

I was hoping someone would point that out. That advice is also useful in other situations, if you catch my drift... hint hint, nudge nudge.
Cool, I got sigged. Anyways, all you really need to know is the advantages and disadvantages of pleasing your guitar and those around you with expert fisting or fingering. Got to switch it up for the audience, give them many different flavors, experiences, and sounds.
Quote by Techfire
Cool, I got sigged. Anyways, all you really need to know is the advantages and disadvantages of pleasing your guitar and those around you with expert fisting or fingering. Got to switch it up for the audience, give them many different flavors, experiences, and sounds.

now you are trying it.

since i'm nice, i wont take away the sig. unless you do it again.
Ok, we should stop spamming this guys thread now, mmk? It was pretty obvious I was trying in that last post. Yeah, but let's stop spamming (see, I could've made a joke about spam and eggs, but I didn't).
Quote by Skierinanutshel
spamerooni and cheese.

Quote by Techfire
Snaporonis and cheese.

Quote by Techfire
Snaporonis is pepperonis and snap together to make one awesomely awesome word, that also wets your appetite.

I just said all that yesterday ironically...unless you stole it from me, I haven't heard anyone, ever use that besides me...
Quote by Techfire
I just said all that yesterday ironically...unless you stole it from me, I haven't heard anyone, ever use that besides me...

whenever i report a thread for spam, i always say "spamerooni" in the report, and usually in the actual thread.

EDIT: ok, you're milking it with that sig. consider it gone.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Nov 8, 2008,
You guys aren't helping... And I'm serious there. I was talking about guitar playing with that string changing technique

*reported*

Also, could some good people not from the pit answer me properly?
My first post didn't help you? I know there was an odd blend of humor in there, but I still got the message across. I am sorry for spamming.
1-You shouldn't really use your fist in the technique, the movement comes from the finger.
2-It would be best to learn doing it with all your fingers, although you would rarely encounter phrases that require rolling with your pinky.
3-Only do it when in cases where you play two notes on the same fret on different strings.
rolling? fingers? fisting? hinting and nudging? WTF IS THIS?!?!?!!?!? lol
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

My FX: Line 6 Floor POD Plus

In the end, fact means nothing,
its all about perspective