In the past weeks I've broken my low E string 2 times. The first time it happened, the strings were only about a week old, and as I was playing it, I started bending the string and it got really loose. After I examined my guitar, I noticed that right near the bridge (tune-o matic) right by the hole where the ball is, it looked frayed. As I tried to tighten it, it snapped. I put on a new set, and had em on there for 3 days. Then today I bent the string again and the ball on the bottom of the string flew off and it snapped.

So my question to you is, should I have it looked at by a professional and have him set it up, or is it something I could fix by myself?
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
you should get the bridge checked out, might need to be filed down.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Theres something seriously wrong if your breaking your low E, maybe something sharp. Check the bridge saddles and then the stopbar or whatever you have.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
It's not breaking at the saddle though, it's breaking clear down where you first put the strings in the bridge. I've had the saddle filed down before because their was a rough spot that kept rubbing against the same string and snapping it....
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Quote by Snapple
Theres something seriously wrong if your breaking your low E, .

I meant in terms of elevation, not pitch, sorry for not making it clearer. I have a tune-o matic bridge...
Wait so your talking about the high e string? The thin one? This is confusing
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Yeah, the thin one...