im in the tapping part of crystal mountain but im not quite sure if the tabs are right.

Tabs

12 0 19 0 20 0 19 0 17 15 0 14 0 15 then it repeats itslef but i think their wrong help

or can you guys tell me the correct fingering positions? (in videos chucks always holding the 12th fret, or so it seems)
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Ohh....the last time i heard this song and tried playing it was a couple of years back......i cant remember how the tune goes though!
I play this song with my band, but since we have two guitarists and need one to play rhythm, I usually just play:

|-5-0-7-0-8-0-7-0-5-0-3-0-2-0-3-0-|

On the high e-string. I think Chuck might do this an octave above or something, but I'm not really sure. It could be the same kind of pattern but starting on 12, since it sounds like a harmony in the song.
I don't have my electric on me right now so I can't tell you about the tapped notes but I'll tell you for sure there are no open notes. Keep the first finger on the 12th fret.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
hmm it sounds like sh!t with open notes
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
yea, nix the open notes. i think everything else is fine though. Guitar World tabbed it out awhile ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i38m-xGX7io

at around 2 12 you can see him tapping.... he has always his left index finger anchored so no open notes. and apartment its tapped in the 8-5th frets

anyone have second opinions

EDIT: ok re watched and he DOES tap open strings i think. and i cant recognize where the hell his tapping.... please help me.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Last edited by devit at Nov 8, 2008,
Haha, I play it differently, but he is doing the same notes as what you have. He is just playing the tapped notes an octave lower and tapping the high E on the twelfth fret rather than hitting it open. . . . . Hehe. Leave it to Chuck.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
i guess its my shitty amp thats not cutting though
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
makes sense thx
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212