Im just wondering, If it is really worth purchasing (American Std. Telecaster) with a higher price tag because of its MIA status. Is the difference between MIM and MIA really that noticeable and worth paying for.
I've just been hearing all this stuff about "Only Fools pay extra for MIA models etc" which has just lead me to doubt it really. Can anyone specify the hardware diffs? I heard that they are just made by the same Mexican manufacturers just over the border in TX?
people who normaly havent played both side by side say stuff like that but its a huge upgrade it wouldnt be 600 more if it wasn't. if u dont want to be so hard on the wallet lookm into lonestar a deluxe players strats
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
American Strats have better craftmenship, better electronics and a routed for HSH so i would say its worth the money but MIM are still amazing
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by Felttoaster
American Strats have better craftmenship, better electronics and a routed for HSH so i would say its worth the money but MIM are still amazing

he's getting a tele, not a strat, so the routing on the strat is irrelevant.

Look into japanese teles, they are supposed to be really nice (newer fender-made or older lawsuit era)
also look into used, save some money (used american is only a few hundred more than a new mexican, and people take care of american fenders, so it will be in like new condition)
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by skvvisgaar
he's getting a tele, not a strat, so the routing on the strat is irrelevant.

Look into japanese teles, they are supposed to be really nice (newer fender-made or older lawsuit era)
also look into used, save some money (used american is only a few hundred more than a new mexican, and people take care of american fenders, so it will be in like new condition)

sry i am blind but same for tele except the routing
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass