hey, i just got no sound of out of my pile of crap Peavey Raptor thingy, unscrewed the jack, and neither of the wires were connected. I geuss that's not a huge surprise as my tone pot hasn't worked for months and the volume makes a cracking noise when i change it. So can someone show me how to reconnect these cords to the jack, because i don't know which wire goes to which solder point.
the black or ground goes to the inner most lug. the white sometimes red hot goes to the outter most.

there's a pic in the ultimate Q and A sticky, top thread on this page, first post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks. also, the wires inside are tied up, should i get that straightened out or will that not make a difference?
Last edited by guitarsolo_17 at Nov 8, 2008,
yeah i posted in the other thread but you can straighten them if you want. the main thing is to solder them well, and to remember it's important not to spin a jack in the future.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011