Page 1 of 3
Hooray, after being ampless I'm now in possession of one Blues Jr. The cleans are unbelievable and the bluesy drive is just pure secks. I'm having a bit of time dialing in a nice classic rock tone, but in due time. I bought it off these folks who bout it for their son who never played it. It sat in a closet for 3 yrs and is practically brand new except for some dust. Got it for 280 dollar cash, win.

Also, I picked up a brand new fulldrive 2, which is just pure win in a box. If you love tweaking this is the pedal for you. It can do anything from a huge clean boost (provided you have the 18 volt adapter) all they way to classic rock and maybe even hard rock type gain. Every setting, switch and knob does something useful on this pedal.

All the clips in my profile with blues jr in the name are done with the blues jr. I did all them with the fulldrive on with various settings. Don't be too harsh on the slide playing, I'm shit at slide.

I don't have a camera for pictures, but you guys know what blues jr sounds like.

BTW, if you listen to the clips please tell me what you think.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Nov 8, 2008,
Congrats. I bet having an amp after all this time is like having sex for the first time in months. Win.

Not that I've ever hit a dry spot of course...
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Congrats. I bet having an amp after all this time is like having se for the first time in months. Win.

Not that I've ever hit a dry spot of course...

My battery powered crush 3r helped me through (I guess that's kind of like masturbating?)

But for real, glad to have an amp again.

Felix:
blues juniors are the shiz. good for you
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008

Well a crush is better than nothing I suppose. Have you found that funky dirty tone yet? I played thru a strat into the BJ at my local guitar shop, and got such a nice funky-drive sound. I wish I could remember the settings...
That lead sound is awesome man. And the first couple seconds of the slide recording reminds me of a lazy summer day, sitting on my front lawn with no shirt and a beer in my hand.....good times....

Oh, and congrats..
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Kevin Saale
My battery powered crush 3r helped me through (I guess that's kind of like masturbating?)

So after a few months of that, you finally got a BJ?
Congrats

excuse the pun
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I'm doing this dave_mc style

Quote by UnsignedRecords
blues juniors are the shiz. good for you

Quote by bartdevil_metal

Well a crush is better than nothing I suppose. Have you found that funky dirty tone yet? I played thru a strat into the BJ at my local guitar shop, and got such a nice funky-drive sound. I wish I could remember the settings...

Sort of, I need a proper bridge pup, the one I have now is the suxxorz. I'm sure with a proper single coil in the bridge funk should be no prob.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

This is actually the second BJ I got today

Quote by LaidBack
That lead sound is awesome man. And the first couple seconds of the slide recording reminds me of a lazy summer day, sitting on my front lawn with no shirt and a beer in my hand.....good times....

Oh, and congrats..

Thanks, I'm surprised I got a good comment on the slide

Quote by Robino_Ibanez
So after a few months of that, you finally got a BJ?
Congrats

excuse the pun

No, I was only ampless for about a week.
kickass
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LaidBack

Oh, and congrats..

me too!

nice amp congrats.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

You have an amp!!

Nice deal, man. Congrats!
I'll go listen to the clips now.

Edit: I really like the blues lead tone. So pure sounding. I could play w/ that tone all night. The slide....not so much . I'm no better at it. It's a LOT harder than people think.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Nov 8, 2008,
Thanks guys! I'm so happy to have an amp, you guys have no idea.
i'm with riff, slide is pretty darn hard. i should really set up a guitar in an open tuning to try it properly, though.

clips sound pretty good thus far too. especially the blues lead one, as riff said.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im not much of a bluesman, but id like to think i got a good ear. ive been thinking about gettin me a slide just to mess around with.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by jj1565
me too!

nice amp congrats.

glad im not the only one.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well I'm glad you guys like the slide, that's about the extent of what I can do with a slide.
The beginning of your slide clip reminds me of the beginning of this opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYaWX43bTW0
Nice to hear some good things about the BJ. I've been saving up to get it for quite a while now. In the 3 and a half years since I've started playing guitar, I don't think I've ever had an amp with a good tone before. It's gonna be such a nice change when I finally get the BJ.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Quote by imgooley
The beginning of your slide clip reminds me of the beginning of this opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYaWX43bTW0

>.>

Quote by sum1udunno
Nice to hear some good things about the BJ. I've been saving up to get it for quite a while now. In the 3 and a half years since I've started playing guitar, I don't think I've ever had an amp with a good tone before. It's gonna be such a nice change when I finally get the BJ.

It's very nice, the clips I recorded are just the tip of the iceberg.
Not to hijack anything Kevin. but i just wanted your opinoin, what do you like better, glass or brass slides?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by sum1udunno

just makes sure it suits your style of play
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by LaidBack
Not to hijack anything Kevin. but i just wanted your opinoin, what do you like better, glass or brass slides?

Depends.
Quote by LaidBack

I've never played brass. I use a very thick dunlop pyrex glass slide since it's cheap and won't break when I drop it.
Quote by imgooley
Depends.

I know it depends, thats why i asked what HE liked. Im thinkin bout buyin a slide and jus wanted some opinoins.

But i might have to check out the dunlop slide then because it sounded good (with thanks to the BJ of course
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Kevin Saale
won't break when I drop it.

Yeah it will, if you drop it on a hard surface.
Quote by LaidBack
I know it depends, thats why i asked what HE liked. Im thinkin bout buyin a slide and jus wanted some opinoins.

Well, if I were to recommend you a slide for a first slide, it would depend on what you were playing on, what amp your using, what finger you use the slide on, what you would tune to, how much experience with slides you have, what kind of music you're doing, etc.

That said, the most well rounded slide I can think of is a Dunlop 210.
Quote by imgooley
Yeah it will, if you drop it on a hard surface.

Ok, not as easily, I've dropped it from 2-3 feet without breaking. I had a thinner one before and it broke from a 1 ft fall onto the amp, that was a mess to clean up.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Ok, not as easily, I've dropped it from 2-3 feet without breaking. I had a thinner one before and it broke from a 1 ft fall onto the amp, that was a mess to clean up.

Tell me about it.

I was at a gig (non paying) and I dropped my pyrex slide on a tile floor (it was at a small cafe with no stage )

Luckily, I had my brass and steel to back me up.

Always good to have multiple slides.
I need to get one of those slide bar dealies since I always play slide with the guitar in my lap.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I need to get one of those slide bar dealies since I always play slide with the guitar in my lap.

A tonebar?

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=101&pmh=products/slides
^Exactly, I wonder if they make glass ones, I really like the way glass feels on the strings.
Quote by mcrfobtai
This thread is going places

What else can we expect from GGnA?
Page 1 of 3