Hi, I play guitar and I would like to learn to play the harmonica, the thing is, would it be better to learn to play it with a teacher or could I learn everything I need tolearn through the internet?
I've had one for like 2 years and still haven't learnt how to play it (though I haven't been actively trying)
I think getting myself a teacher would greatly speed up the process
You can learn some basic stuff over the internet, which is what I did. But if you want to be serious about it, a teacher will really help.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by thedefrockednun
Hi, I play guitar and I would like to learn to play the harmonica, the thing is, would it be better to learn to play it with a teacher or could I learn everything I need tolearn through the internet?

you play the guitar? wuutttttttttt????
The harmonica is basically an easy instrument to learn. It's designed so that when you blow into any hole (most natural thing to do=blow) you'll produce a major I chord. The intervals on a harmonica go as follows:
Blow: 1 3 5 1 3 5 1 3 5 1
Draw: 2 5 7 2 4 5 7 2 4 6

And that's the basics
You can learn a lot off the Internet. There are a lot of lessons on Youtube. For example, by Adam Gussow, or Jason Ricci.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.