I've had my current guitar and amp for about a year and a half now, and was thinking about upgrading. What is the best time of year to buy a guitar or an amp? For example, is there a time of year when deals are common (I'm guessing the coming months). Also, I know some people say to get a better amp first, since it has the biggest effect on your tone, but do you think I should get a new guitar? I currently have a cheap Peavey, and I'm looking for something with a faster neck and overall better quality.
I'm not sure about where you live, but my local guitar shop has a "Customer Appreciation Days" open house every year in August. There's guitar give-aways, prizes of all sorts, and excellent deals to be had all day long. Some go for half off the normally already low price.
What I'm getting at is to look for stores such as this to do business with. Generally speaking though, Christmas time will have some of the best deals out there on almost anything.
it really depends on the shop you will be purchasing it from, the discounts that is.

Depends on your guitar, if you have a bad guitar and a good amp then buy another guitar and if you have a good guitar and a bad amp then get a new amp.

but getting a new guitar would probably be good in the long run.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.