My new les paul custom that I am so excited about will NOT stay in tune, just the G and B strings. As I tune, I'll be turning the knob and the pitch wont change, then it'll "click" and itll change somewhat dramatically. This goes for both strings. once in tune (it takes forever to coordinate with the clicking), they'll instantly go out of tune once I bend. It'll click. I don't know where it clicks. I've checked the nut, I don't know what to check for but I've went through it with a knife (I didn't do anything, but its smooth in there) and I've restrung it and it still does it. I've restrung those two strings so many times, I don't know what it is. Can someone PLEASE help? =(
yes! i have an epiphone les paul silver burst special edition custom! and for about the first week, it would NOT stay in tune, i think its something with the strings, but it works perfect now. thats all im saying
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
Les Pauls are notorious for this. I can't give you the details, as I don't remember them all, but a luthier friend of mine explained why they all have that problem. Make sure you stretch your strings very well before you start playing.
The clicks might come from the tuners. Did you string it nice and tight? And did you stretch the strings?
I didn't stretch them, but the original strings did this too so I assume it wasnt the strings. I've already replaced them and only those two do it. I'll try using pencil lead in the nut and I'll try "Stretching" them and will reply. All repsonses welcome.
well if the string is getting caught in the nut cut, because the cut isnt large enough for the string, then that could cause the tuner to "click" slip.

and lubing the cut with graphite pencil tip might help, like said.

i dont suggest you widen or deepen the cuts. but i do think that the strings should be allowed to break in a little, and if the problem persists, repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have an epi les paul too. I just tune those two strings about three steps too high and let it set for an hour or so and that fixes the problem for the most part. Just stretch the strings a good bit and its fine.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
*facepalm*

You always have to stretch your strings. Otherwise they will go outa tune.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by Azza Dutt
*facepalm*

You always have to stretch your strings. Otherwise they will go outa tune.

I "stretch" them, not too crazily, but I do, and I've replaced strings probably 40 times in my life and I've never had this issue
Quote by Slash42x
I "stretch" them, not too crazily, but I do, and I've replaced strings probably 40 times in my life and I've never had this issue

Mkay, well then it's probably an issue with the nut as already stated
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
I tuned my G to B and my B to E. I'm gonna let it sit for an hour, to let it stretch as a guy suggested
takit to the store then get them to look at it
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Slash42x
I tuned my G to B and my B to E. I'm gonna let it sit for an hour, to let it stretch as a guy suggested

to stretch strings you dont let them sit. you play them, tune, play and tune, play and tune, and after a while they stay in tune.

to speed that along you can go to the middle of the board, push down on the string with ur thumb while you pull up on that same string with your other fingers.

if after a day of playing, a well lubed guitar, if the strings dont stay in tune, or if you hear that click noise in the tuners, then you should bring it in.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011