I have the beginnings of a kind of nice progression, but I can't seem to put my finger on what chord should come next. The progression goes:

e---0--0--0--
b---1--1--1--
g---0--2--2--
d---2--2--3--
a---3--0--0--
e-------------

Which is C - Am - F7M (according to Guitar Pro)

It doesn't sound right if you go back to C from F7M, so I'm sure I need another chord (I think it's called resolution or something but I don't know too much theory). G sounds really close, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Also close is this:

e-----
b--3--
g--4--
d--5--
a-----
e----- 

But that's not quite right either. Can any of you music theory experts suggest which chord should come next?

Thanks in advance.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
you dont have to always try playing chords, try just playing the root note like your on bass, you get a better understanding of where you want to go with it sometimes. it works for me anyways.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
right, and g seems like the right root note, but the G chord isn't the right one for this progression. I'm fairly certain that the chord I'm looking for is a G chord of some sort.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
I would either do a G or a Dm, the last one especially sounds cool
Quote by YourMessiah666
if i was you i'd do like, or,

e-3----3-
B-1----0-
G-2----0-
D-0----2-
A------3-
E-------

That seems REALLY close, but it's still not exactly what I'm looking for.
or try another 3 on the B string for my second option. that's what i'd do lol
or even Em7 sounds alright
Quote by AgentWiggles
That seems REALLY close, but it's still not exactly what I'm looking for.

Nevermind, that second chord (I think it's Cadd9) was the one I needed. Thanks muchly.
Quote by AgentWiggles
Nevermind, that second chord (I think it's Cadd9) was the one I needed. Thanks muchly.

somethin like that yeah. sure thing