ibanez87
Long live rock!
1,317 IQ
What are some good no-name rip-off guitar brands that sell quality guitars at a good price? You know, I mean the kind that don't have many originals designs but produce Strat and LP look a likes but are just about as good as the real thing.

-Noah
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!
1,041 IQ
Does Agile count?

Not really no-name, per se, but fits your description.
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!
1,041 IQ
For the price, yeah.

I mean you're not getting a Gibson Custom Shop, but for that price, you shouldn't expect one. It's a good deal.
Green_Jelly
Live from the tone lounge
480 IQ
In Europe, Vintage by Wilkinson makes pretty damn good instruments for the price.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
ibanez87
Long live rock!
1,317 IQ
(about agile) Really. Do they stay in tune fine? That's always a major with cheap guitars for me.
imsimon
Dear diary: Jackpot!
582 IQ
You're asking for a no name guitar.. well erm, that one I played before was pretty good, can't tell you what it is, cause it's a no name guitar...

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
zapatista89
UG Member
471 IQ
yamaha are the best budget guitars

no exceptions

and if theres a budget guitar to beat it, yamaha will build a better one
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
bicko19
UG's Richard Ashcroft
1,444 IQ
Electra. Japanese made, and they are beasts.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
shvmr
111 IQ
The Vintage brand is available up here, about 500 dollars though. Nice guitars, but I feel you can get similar brands for less if you look hard enough. Dillion (Canada) seem to be quite nice as well, and Hagstrom makes the Ultra swede, which if you can find discounted, is a excellent guitar. The swedes sometimes come up quite cheap as well.

The best though may be used. I just picked up a Memphis brand. This is not the known ones that were mass-produced, which are cheap hollow plywood, but the set neck mahogany LP type made in the late 70's/ early 80's, and are far scarcer. I payed about 100 US for it, and have to replace the tuners, but here's the kicker. These were supposedly made in the Tokai factory and then rebranded. At that price, I think I did quite well.

The point is if you do your research, you can find some great used guitars, especially the rebranded MiJ ones, at far lower prices. Considering how the new guitars are made now days, I would say quality for the vintages would be a bit better as well.
Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus
Last edited by shvmr at Nov 9, 2008,
azn_guitarist25
not who you think...
785 IQ
SX!!! all you gotta really do is pick one up and see if it's good or not then pick it up if its good or move on to the next one. theres also fender japan though they're not really no names but the older models are decently priced imo
Colgate Total
I <3 drugs
2,211 IQ
Agile...

I own the Reaper. I've gigged it numerous times, and has yet to fail me.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
jagshred
10 IQ
look up lueez guitars on ebay! they are amazing . they are made with the best stuff the sell the awesomest instruments for the price ! bar none. neck through ibanez rg copy for like 350
my gear:
Hamer phantom custom!!
hagstrom ultra swede!!
crate vintage club 30!! (amazingest thing ever)
zoom g7.1ut!!
THE Saint Jimmy
Resident Electrician
747 IQ
Agile is AMAZING! Build quality is unbelieveable. I have the Agile Silverburst 3100. The upgraded guitars are amazing, only around 400-450. ?Pickups aren't great, depending on your style, but so what, replace them. It's well worth it. Excellent wood, great quality.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Vauxite
Oliver.
6,364 IQ
Tokai > Agile
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
RR787
"Fastest on the Downhill"
934 IQ
Quote by ibanez87
(about agile) Really. Do they stay in tune fine? That's always a major with cheap guitars for me.

The LFR on my Agile stays tuned for those weeks I can't get to play guitar. As when I use the tremolo, it takes quite some continuous divebombs to actually start detuning. If you won't use it, it does stay in tune perfectly.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
eyebanez333
UG's storm chaser
1,966 IQ
Quote by ibanez87
I've heard of Agile, are they good?

Excellent guitars for the price.