By that i simply mean the whole flip a righty to play lefty, I was just wondering how much work would be involved? my friend wants to learn how to play bass, but he has hardly any money, so i figure he's better off trying to get a cheap used righty cuz they'll be easier to find and I'll flip it for him, and i jut want to make sure i've got all this right. all i really need to do is re-place the strap buttons and flip the nut correct?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
By that i simply mean the whole flip a righty to play lefty, I was just wondering how much work would be involved? my friend wants to learn how to play bass, but he has hardly any money, so i figure he's better off trying to get a cheap used righty cuz they'll be easier to find and I'll flip it for him, and i jut want to make sure i've got all this right. all i really need to do is re-place the strap buttons and flip the buy a lefty nut correct?
*fixed*

And adjust the saddles.

thanks^
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Only issue with a bass will be the balance issues. Im a lefty and looked at doing it to. But the neck on a bass is much longer and with the strap button on the lower horn it has really really bad headstock dive. There are not so expensive lefty basses out there. I bought one of those rogue ones to noodle around on occasionally. And so I will have a bass if the need does arise.