I'm looking into getting one and putting it through my Marshall 412 slant cab.

But right now, I'm in between a B-52 AT 100 and the Peavey. I've only been able to hear the Peavey because Guitar Center didn't have ANY B-52's.

What do you guys think would be best? My style ranges from RHCP to Metallica to Opeth to Dream Theater to Zeppelin
Hey, I would definitely go with the B-52.

I had been trying to sell my Peavey ValveKing on here for months, and finally just went to guitar center yesterday and traded it in.

I play for a metalcore/hardcore band and really disliked the tone in the valveking. It sounded muddy and seemed fragile, had to get it repaired, and it doesn't even come with the footswitch.

Moreover, the footswitch (which you have to order) is flimsy and hard to find. I could not have had a more negative experience with that amp.

The tone was god awful, in my opinion, and I ended up trading it for a Crate Flexwave head which I now thoroughly enjoy.

From what I've played of the B-52's, they're miles ahead.
A VK can do all of those reasonably well, I'm not sure if the B-52 is superior.

People say the B-52 is the poor man's Mesa, so...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by TheArtfulDodger
Hey, I would definitely go with the B-52.

I had been trying to sell my Peavey ValveKing on here for months, and finally just went to guitar center yesterday and traded it in.

I play for a metalcore/hardcore band and really disliked the tone in the valveking. It sounded muddy and seemed fragile, had to get it repaired, and it doesn't even come with the footswitch.

Moreover, the footswitch (which you have to order) is flimsy and hard to find. I could not have had a more negative experience with that amp.
The tone was god awful, in my opinion, and I ended up trading it for a Crate Flexwave head which I now thoroughly enjoy.

From what I've played of the B-52's, they're miles ahead.

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
To the guy above me, mature. But it's preference, man.
I tried them both, side by side, liked the crate better.

Maybe I had a bum head or something but the VK I had was shitty. I know how ridiculous a trade out for the crate seemed, at first.

In all honesty, they are very praised amps and my experience is most likely not an indicator of its true value.

My advice is to go to GC or SamAsh and try them both side by side, play a song in the style you want on both. That'll help you decide.

Edit: No wonder. 14. Go figure.
Last edited by TheArtfulDodger at Nov 8, 2008,
get a nicer amp than both of those, used, that comes in one piece.

in other words, get a better amp for much less money, and buy a used combo... it's all preference but honestly i think you'd be happier with a 2x12 combo
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ