OK, so my parents told me we may be moving to Denver, CO. I live in Georgia. Has anybody been there? Live there? Whats it like? Whats the music scene uot there like? also, I play hockey, so whats the hockey like out there? do schools have it? and tell me anything else I should know.

also, we'll be taking a 1-1/2 road trip out there, cuz we have to drive there because of my 14 year old Basset Hound. So, what places are cool that are on the way there?

Thanks PIT!!!!
no one has been there
/thread
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Well, you live pretty close to some good ski areas.

Give skiing or snowboarding a try!

I live in Colorado Springs so I can't really say too much about Denver.
Gear List:
ESP LTD EC-1000, Amber Sunburst with Duncans
Ibanez AJ30ECE Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 Spider II 210 120 watt
Line 6 UX2
^well, really just about the whole area. I mean, have you ever been to denver? I will actually be moving to the boulder area, idk if thats close to denver or what. Sorry, I don't know the area that well.
The horror

the horror

Prepare your boys for ultimate shrinkage
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
The horror

the horror

Prepare your boys for ultimate shrinkage

well, I HAVE lived in cold places before. I lived in Pittsburgh for a year, but I've lived in Atlanta most my life. and haha, to your post and sig
Quote by guitardude34875
well, I HAVE lived in cold places before. I lived in Pittsburgh for a year, but I've lived in Atlanta most my life. and haha, to your post and sig

Trust me...

You''ll miss the warmth of Pittsburgh after Denver.

Why do you think theyre always wearing winter gear in South Park?

Cuz Colorado is cold
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
I don't live in Denver but I'm in Colorado so... I don't know of any high school that have hockey (ice) teams, but I'm sure there must be some local teams you can sign up on and play. We have DU and UNC college hockey teams that kick ass if you want to watch and of course the Colorado Avalanche.

It's going to be real cold come winter times, so have a nice coat on you and make sure you have heat in your room at night.

Music wise expect hardcore mainly, but there are a wide variety of music shows in Denver.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Trust me...

You''ll miss the warmth of Pittsburgh after Denver.

Why do you think theyre always wearing winter gear in South Park?

Cuz Colorado is cold

huh, well, o well. My dad went out there for buisness, and he said its beautiful. And besides, living in one place for most of your life can be boring anyways. Also, You sound like youve been there, what season did you go in?
Quote by Paroxysm
I don't live in Denver but I'm in Colorado so... I don't know of any high school that have hockey (ice) teams, but I'm sure there must be some local teams you can sign up on and play. We have DU and UNC college hockey teams that kick ass if you want to watch and of course the Colorado Avalanche.

It's going to be real cold come winter times, so have a nice coat on you and make sure you have heat in your room at night.

Music wise expect hardcore mainly, but there are a wide variety of music shows in Denver.

ok, thanks for the advise. Well, I wont be living in denver, Boulder, which seems to be different, amirite?
Quote by guitardude34875
huh, well, o well. My dad went out there for buisness, and he said its beautiful. And besides, living in one place for most of your life can be boring anyways. Also, You sound like youve been there, what season did you go in?

Pittsburgh or Denver?

Pittsburgh in springtime

Denver in late autumn
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Pittsburgh or Denver?

Pittsburgh in springtime

Denver in late autumn

ok, well pittsburgh would get pretty cold as well. like once -20, and we only had a 2 hour delay at school.

and o shit, its autumn now, Bracing balls for shrinkage

*very awkwardly talks to balls*
i live 5 min away from the city. its cold in the winter and hot in the summer, and the weather changes the most and in weird ways. a couple months ago it was 60 one day, 90 the next, and 55 and raining after that. Not many schools have hockey teams but allllot of people play it so it wouldnt be hard finding a group. The music scene is ok, a couple bands just got signed from here like Tickle me pink and the flobots so its all that kind of stuff and a pretty deep thrash metal scene. thats about it

Edit: oh and everyone smokes pot.

and stay away from the meth
Music Scene is not so great in Denver... It's a bunch of emo posers to be honest, listen to screamo stuff (I like it, just not the style; ugh.) There are a few good (a couple very great) guitarists at my school (Golden). I'd say a lot of good drummers, and a few okay bands. Education will probably suck compared to the place you are currently in. However schools like D'Evelyn are ranked top 50 in the country or so. Also it is cold as balls, right now it is until a little bit past february.

If you have any questions; just ask me. Also are you literally moving to Denver or are you moving to one of it's suburbs?

EDIT: Yeah the hockey scene is pretty big I would say, most people love the sport and a lot play it (I do ) If you don't go to cherry creek or a private school, then chances are your team will suck. Just to get that out there.
Last edited by Rickjames730 at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by Rickjames730
Music Scene is not so great in Denver... It's a bunch of emo posers to be honest, listen to screamo stuff (I like it, just not the style; ugh.) There are a few good (a couple very great) guitarists at my school (Golden). I'd say a lot of good drummers, and a few okay bands. Education will probably suck compared to the place you are currently in. However schools like D'Evelyn are ranked top 50 in the country or so. Also it is cold as balls, right now it is until a little bit past february.

If you have any questions; just ask me. Also are you literally moving to Denver or are you moving to one of it's suburbs?

EDIT: Yeah the hockey scene is pretty big I would say, most people love the sport and a lot play it (I do ) If you don't go to cherry creek or a private school, then chances are your team will suck. Just to get that out there.

well, the roller team at my high school sucks, and its only my first year playing, so sounds good to me!! haha
Um...maybe you'll stumble onto Kyle or Kenny or Stan or Cartman?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
tell them to move to thornton so i can has friendz. i live there. do it.

EDIT: boulder is full of hippies, dont move there. if you do, South Park is about 2 hours of gay mountain driving away. you will be about 30 minutes from decent ski areas, and Colorado is ****ing cold but not as humid as Georgia so 0 degrees here would be about 30 in Georgia. your dog will probably get AIDS here anyways, so leave him and fly. lots of mexicans here that think they own the country, so watch out and call them beaners as much as possible, they will back off.
I'm Steve
Last edited by Irnmaiden4life at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
tell them to move to thornton so i can has friendz. i live there. do it.

uummm, is that near boulder?
Quote by guitardude34875
uummm, is that near boulder?

boulder is on the west side of denver, by the mountains. Thornton is on the northeastern side, but is a much better area with nicer schools and less hippies
I'm Steve
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
boulder is on the west side of denver, by the mountains. Thornton is on the northeastern side, but is a much better area with nicer schools and less hippies

well I think we'd probably move to boulder, cuz I think my dads new office would be near there, sorry
Quote by guitardude34875
well I think we'd probably move to boulder, cuz I think my dads new office would be near there, sorry

cant you just get a new dad?
I'm Steve