Poll: ???
Poll Options
View poll results: ???
Special X
3 50%
NJ Classic
3 50%
Voters: 6.
Not really looking to play a lot of metal (besides maybe some RATM covers).

As far as covers go, it'll be mostly Muse. Other than that, it has to be versatile so I can mess around with it and write my own stuff. From what I can understand, pretty much all Mockingbirds are pretty versatile.

So which one should I go with, and why?
The NJ Classic has 24 frets, so it might get the nod. I have one of the Special X Mockingbirds, but sometimes wish I could fret higher.
The Mockingbird ST has a Floyd Rose, and more tonal opprtunities, due to the "Varitone" feature, so you might want to look at one of those, too.
I do prefer the aesthetics of the binding on the Special X, though.
Quote by Johnthewrench
The NJ Classic has 24 frets, so it might get the nod. I have one of the Special X Mockingbirds, but sometimes wish I could fret higher.
The Mockingbird ST has a Floyd Rose, and more tonal opprtunities, due to the "Varitone" feature, so you might want to look at one of those, too.
I do prefer the aesthetics of the binding on the Special X, though.

The ST was in his last thread, and pretty much one the poll. God knows why, but he seems to have decided against it.

With that out of the way, I personally would prefer the NJ classic. Just because I think it's generally a better guitar.
I decided against it because I realized I have no need for a Floyd Rose. It would just annoy me.
Quote by i_don't_know
I decided against it because I realized I have no need for a Floyd Rose. It would just annoy me.

Fair enough. That's the best reason you could have for not choosing it really.

The two you've pickued are pretty similar. Just get the one that looks the best!