yo, im looking for a new $400 guitar. i have a Spider III DONT SAY UPGRADE THAT INSTEAD, i know its crap but my current guitar is hardly playable (squier start). I play mostly metal but i like to play some classic rock too. a couple ive been looking at are

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481914

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-1958-Explorer-Hardtail-Electric-Guitar?sku=517235

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039

thanks
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
None of those would be a major improvement, especially with a Spider III. You really won't notice much of a change. If the Squier strat is an Affinity model then you actually could get decent tones out of it with a better amp.
Quote by Wakisazhi
None of those would be a major improvement, especially with a Spider III. You really won't notice much of a change. If the Squier strat is an Affinity model then you actually could get decent tones out of it with a better amp.

exactly you will not benifit with a new guitar from a crap amp
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
ok well let me go into detail on the strat:
The fretboard is cracking
the tone nobs move when i move the volume nob
the bridged pup doesnt work
the body is all dented
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Listen, just get a 200 dollar USED Roland Cube 30x (NOT 20 watts, either Microcube or 30x for Rfier effect) and use the remaining 200 for a Yamaha Pacifica or a low end Ibanez.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
ok well you should have said that in your original post
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH250NT-Electric-Guitar?sku=516687
id choose that though its $20 more i think its better spec wise if not id choose the strat but thoose are personal prefrences
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Check out some Agiles at www.rondomusic.com, even though the website looks shady as hell, they make some pretty good stuff. Just search these forums for people who've bought 'em and they say they rival Gibsons for less than 1/3 the price.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Check out some Agiles at www.rondomusic.com, even though the website looks shady as hell, they make some pretty good stuff. Just search these forums for people who've bought 'em and they say they rival Gibsons for less than 1/3 the price.

This.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
not bad, but if you send Kurt a message you can get the LFR replaced with an Original Floyd Rose (much better).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.