ok me and my friends have a small band thing goin on and we wanna play covers at like small venues were i live but is there like any copy rite infringment going on if we do?
No, you don't even need to do that, generally. The venue, by law, pays an annual fee which represents a blanket licence to the appropriate performing rights associations (SOCAN, ASCAP, BMI, whatever). This fee allows them to have performances of copyrighted material in their venue. FWIW, these 'performances' even includes the playing of CD's, the radio, etc. Those DJ places still have to pay the appropriate fees, which are based on the capacity of the venue and square footage, and a few other factors.

If the venue hasn't paid their fee, that's not your concern. It's like if they haven't paid their taxes. That's their problem... not yours.

Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.