Ok so i have a MIM Strat and have a SHS Pickup config (The humbucker is a Seymour Duncan LIL59) and i installed a B500K Pot for the volume. I disconnected the first tone knob in order to make the humbucker tone free. In other words my config is a V,T. But when i put everything back my humbucker is still muddy. Like as if theres a tone knob connected to it.

So i was wondering was is the problem? i want my humbucker is sound as a regular hb would sound like. Also my neck pickup is not connected with the tone knob and the tone knob is not working for some reason. Its really funky as of now.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram to make my hb work right without a tone knob.

P.S i want only 1 tonb knob on my neck pickup. EVERYTHING ELSE IS TONE FREE!

Thnx,

MobiusR
shs what kind of a pickup configuratoin is that
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
well i want the best of both worlds a single coil and a humbucker. Plus its unique and the bridge pickup is not useless >_<
if you want the best of bost worlds hss there is a reason they always put the humbucker in the bridge
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
well i never use the middle position anyways. THats why i wwant a humbucker in the middle.
The bridge single coil is too trebley and thin, to me. That's why people stick a humbucker in the bridge - to fatten it up. And you should be using the middle position at the same time as the neck, so you get your neck fat tones, but without hum.

I'm mentioning this because you may think the humbucker sounds too warm simply because it's too close to the neck position. Placing it in the bridge will give it more bite.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, removing the tone knob doesn't do much, since when your tone knob is on 10, it does nothing to the tone. There's a little bit of high end taken off when you remove the tone knob, but it's very small. If you removed you tone pot, it would be like setting your tone knob to 11. It's that small a difference.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 8, 2008,
How does the humbucker get muddy if its next to the neck? Is it the wiring or somthing? I really want my humbucker to sound like when i had it on the bridge positon. But as u can see my single coil is what makes my strat a strat. Plus i love the sound of it. But every once in a while i have songs that require a humbuker. So i put my hb in the middle. O yeah i play stuff like Led Zeppelin and The Who kind of stuff. U know the classic stuff!
put the HB on the bridge.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Quote by Mobiusr
How does the humbucker get muddy if its next to the neck? Is it the wiring or somthing? I really want my humbucker to sound like when i had it on the bridge positon. But as u can see my single coil is what makes my strat a strat. Plus i love the sound of it. But every once in a while i have songs that require a humbuker. So i put my hb in the middle. O yeah i play stuff like Led Zeppelin and The Who kind of stuff. U know the classic stuff!

No, the neck single coil is what makes a Strat a Strat. Ever blues player who used a Strat lived on the neck pickup or neck/middle.
The strings ring more freely as you get close to the middle of the string. Additionally, the tone gets warmer.
ok i decided to put the hb on the bridge (again...). Well my bridge pickup be warmer like the hb on the middle?
ok my middle pickup was screwed right. So i replaced it with my lil 59. But since i decided to change my lil 59 to bridge, My bridge will need to be in the middle now. What im trying to say is will my bridge pickup sound more mellow in the middle position?