I tried a search for these but didn't come up with much. Are the SX strat style guitars any good? I'm sure they don't come well set up and all but is the potential there?
They're a mixed bag, some people say that they aren't too great and can come with some flaws out of the box but if you look up videos of SX strats on youtube they sound fantastic plus the price makes them to be a great value. I'd say get one if you can and if you don't like it just get a refund since rondomusic has great customer service.
I personally owned one of the SX SST62QMD, it was a great sounding strat copy. The finish was very nice and Kurt the owner of Rondo is really cool and will answer any questions you may have. The sound to me was very similar, not identical, to an early 60's strat. Very good quality on the finish and the neck was one of the better I have felt on a cheap guitar.
There decent until you take them to get a setup and find out the neck is warped. I had that happen to me on two in a row. But no worries Rondo is used to giving refunds.
Quote by Billy Picken
There decent until you take them to get a setup and find out the neck is warped. I had that happen to me on two in a row. But no worries Rondo is used to giving refunds.

A setup would be able to fix a warped neck.

But anyway, my SX strat is good quality. Definitely a step above many Squiers I've played. Well worth the money to mod.
They're great guitars. You just need to get 'em set-up as they are horrible out of the box. They're great guitars after setup though.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Thanks everyone. How do the necks on these feel compared to a Fender neck? I believe I read that the SX are using a 13" radius??? Are the SX necks about the same thickness as the Fenders?
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
A setup would be able to fix a warped neck.

Uh, no. No amount of truss rod adjustment can fix a warped neck. Big difference between bowed and warped. The point is, regardless of price, a new guitar, let alone two in a row should have neither. No big, they give refunds and now I know what poorly made pieces of crap they truly are.