Page 1 of 3
Anyone got some stories of things that 'Seemed like a good idea at the time'?
When I was 8, I had to catch the bus home from school. One day I needed to crap but thought I could hold it in long enough. It was my first day on the bus and had no idea the stop was 30 minutes away. It seemed like a good idea to hold it in and prevent myself from missing the bus, but I crapped on the seat next to a large breasted chick who got shit on her feet as it leaked out of my pants. The whole bus smelt terrible and about 4 people vomited. Anyone else have any funny stories?
Last edited by Myung-trucci at Nov 8, 2008,
that one part in Live Free Die Hard where when he shot himself and the bullet went through him and killed the other guy, and when his daughter said "dad, you shot your self!!!" he goes "it seemd like a good idea at the time"

made me think of that
It seemed like a good idea at the time to bury myself alive in the sandpit when I was 9. It was going OK until they started burying my face and I couldn't move to do anything about it...I nearly choked. It was funny looking back on it though.
Any time I've been drunk and decided to call/text people.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I was going out with this girl and she got really psycho and told me and everyone who knew that if I dumped her, she'd beat the shit out of them. Psycho chicks are hot until they get psycho, you know? A week or so later I told her I was gay and had a boyfriend, even kissed my best friend at the time to try and convince her. Jsse kneed me in the nuts but it was worth it to get her away from me. She told EVERYONE that she walked in on me and him having sex... When I run into people now a days who know about, they still think I'm gay. On the plus side, she did tell everyone that I was the pitcher and Jesse was the catcher...
Seemed like a good idea at the time to light up a cornstalk in a cornfield on an extremely windy day, thus leading to a bigger fire and me almost getting my ass kicked by many teenagers who called the area "their turf".
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Ultimately, threads like this where the TS doesn't set the ball rolling with a story of his own fail miserably.

A few things that seemed like a good idea at the time:
*Nipple Clamps
*Fishing at 3am
*Walking home blindfolded from said failed fishing attempt
*Magnesium + Fire
*Buying anything made by Harley Benton, especially a 20euro ukulele

EDIT: Turns out while I was fiddling about with this list that the TS posted a story, a fairly shoddy one at that I admit. Still, I stand by what I said
EDIT2: Okay, that story about the shitting your pants was very funny. I retract my earlier statement and I am fully behind this thread
Last edited by ravioli123 at Nov 8, 2008,
Making a love song mixed CD with "Every Breath You Take"
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Seemed like a great idea when i set my friend on fire...

Edit: also that time when i sled down a real steep hill in top of a trashcan not inside..it on top of it
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Quote by dreams broken
Seemed like a great idea when i set my friend on fire...

How did that turn out??? Badly?
Quote by civildp1
Any time I've been drunk and decided to call/text people.

Yeah. It's a constant boner in the a-ha for me as well. Also, I embarrass myself online once a week because of drinking.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by ravioli123
How did that turn out??? Badly?

eh....twas fun..but he was fine
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
I was going out with this girl and she got really psycho and told me and everyone who knew that if I dumped her, she'd beat the shit out of them. Psycho chicks are hot until they get psycho, you know? A week or so later I told her I was gay and had a boyfriend, even kissed my best friend at the time to try and convince her. Jsse kneed me in the nuts but it was worth it to get her away from me. She told EVERYONE that she walked in on me and him having sex... When I run into people now a days who know about, they still think I'm gay. On the plus side, she did tell everyone that I was the pitcher and Jesse was the catcher...

that story was bad-ass.
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by Myung-trucci
I edited my post with a story.

That's a lovely story too. Taking a dump on a chesty young lady = award winning tale
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I shampooed my pubes once, but some shampoo got in my urethra.

MY DICK WAS ON FIRE.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Well when I was showering for some reason the faucet on the bottom would always get extremely hot when it wasn't being used and the shower head was. So at the time it seemed like a good idea to rest my penis on it......
Quote by Flying Couch

What are you trying to say???? Hopefully nothing to disgrace Nancy Wilson
Quote by ebbbaaa
I shampooed my pubes once, but some shampoo got in my urethra.

MY DICK WAS ON FIRE.

Great, thanks a bunch, now I cant stop thinking about what that feels like. TORTURE
Quote by metaldud536
Well when I was showering for some reason the faucet on the bottom would always get extremely hot when it wasn't being used and the shower head was. So at the time it seemed like a good idea to rest my penis on it......

Are you that huge?! You need to rest it?! Why am I yelling?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by ravioli123
What are you trying to say???? Hopefully nothing to disgrace Nancy Wilson

Not her in particular - I'm a big fan, donchaknow. Just '80s fashion in general.
Quote by Myung-trucci
Anyone got some stories of things that 'Seemed like a good idea at the time'?
When I was 8, I had to catch the bus home from school. One day I needed to crap but thought I could hold it in long enough. It was my first day on the bus and had no idea the stop was 30 minutes away. It seemed like a good idea to hold it in and prevent myself from missing the bus, but I crapped on the seat next to a large breasted chick who got shit on her feet as it leaked out of my pants. The whole bus smelt terrible and about 4 people vomited. Anyone else have any funny stories?

IT Seemed like it was a good idea to write this story at the time, but now you realized it was all fake...
Quote by Flying Couch
Not her in particular - I'm a big fan, donchaknow. Just '80s fashion in general.

Lol, I should have known, especially with this shown in your post:

"Nancy Wilson

Heart rule

Why did you get rid of the St. Anger pic??
Quote by terrencemaddox
Are you that huge?! You need to rest it?! Why am I yelling?

Lol well I wanted to experiment on skin sensitivity. It took my finger about 3 seconds to feel it to make me go "ouch". My penis? Not even a second. I jumped.
Quote by metaldud536
Lol well I wanted to experiment on skin sensitivity. It took my finger about 3 seconds to feel it to make me go "ouch". My penis? Not even a second. I jumped.

I want to act like what you did weirds me out, but I would have done the same if I thought of it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by ravioli123
Heart rule

:high-five:
Quote by ravioli123
Why did you get rid of the St. Anger pic??

Just didn't seem as relevant.
Quote by Flying Couch
:high-five:

Just didn't seem as relevant.

Ah fair enough, I thought it was personally. Hearing the single of "St. Anger" and then actually buying it thinking "Ah surely the rest of the album is much better" lol
My brother was making soup and he dared me to lick the soup pan while it was hot. At the end of the day, I had very high pride and a very dry tongue (which lasted 3 weeks).
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I filled a class bottle with match-heads and put the lid on it. Then a friend and I brought it outside, built a little fire and put the bottle on it and stood back a good ways, after 5 minutes or so it didn't explode... so it seemed like a good Idea at the time to get up close for a better look... right when we were within 2 feet of it. "BOOOOOOOM"!!!!11!!1!!!1337-3XP10D3!!! everything went white and my ears were ringing bad... when my eyesight returned I saw my buddy's mouth moving but all I could hear was a very loud ringing sound... my hearing returned shortly after.
Another one: Me and my friend were skateboarding. I was using his skateboard (with very loose truck) and we went down this hill (Seemed fun at the time. We love going down hills). The hill was very steep and I fell off slid down 30 feet. I was missing skin everywhere. My left palm was completely missing skin and was missing skin the size of 50 cent quarters everywhere else. I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't eat or drink anything that day and it was friday the 13th so it was bound to happen.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I put a Burger King burger in the microwave while still in the part-foil wrapper. It seemed like a good idea at the time, until it burst into orange, blue, and green flames.
I've got a few from my childhood.

1. Eating dirt
2. Going for a walk in the snow, barefoot.
3. Setting a roll of paper towels on fire
4. painting my fingernails green (that was just a few months ago actually)
5. Cutting my own hair
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by E_squared
I've got a few from my childhood.

1. Eating dirt
2. Going for a walk in the snow, barefoot.
3. Setting a roll of paper towels on fire
4. painting my fingernails green (that was just a few months ago actually)
5. Cutting my own hair

Same here I must have been 5 or 6
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Page 1 of 3