SG Diablo
Ups:
Guitar of the Month for February. Unique look and sound. Pickups are meant to be quite versatile. Limited run of 1000, kind of cool knowing that only 999 other people will have one.
Downs:
Not a lot of options with only one volume and one tone knob.

Robot SG Special
Ups:
Obvious plus sides of a Robot Gibson. Lots of finish options.

Downs:
Pick-ups are meant to be fairly average. Basically an SG that tunes itself, nothing much more unique.

Please help me decide! I'm really leaning towards the Diablo!

*EDIT: Diablo also has 24 frets
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Last edited by Yerjam at Nov 8, 2008,
Out of those two I'd get the Diablo... you can always rewire it to have 2 vol and 2 tone pots later.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
definetly the robot, i saw a red finish and almost jizzed
Smart Pothead and Proud
The Diablo. Those things are ****ing sexy.

I won't lie the Robot would be nice to play, but it's basically buying it to tune itself. If you can't tune by ear yet, go diablo no question.
Quote by A Certain Death
Wouldn't bother getting a robot guitar.
People are too god damn lazy these days.

Get the Diablo, it's way more worth your money.
Diablo all the way. such an amazing looking guitar. all the gold hardware and what not. go for it.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I played the diablo earlier today, and i only have one thing to say...

GET IT!!!

i also played it thru a jvm full stack, so that may have helped
Definitely leaning more towards the Diablo. It'll be my first "high-end" guitar i.e. over £1000, kind of a bit nervous!
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
get the Diablo, no contest. much more high quality and its a better guitar overall...because it doesnt have the self tuning stuff there will be less things that can go wrong with it.
part of the "Right-handed guitarists that are actually Left-handed otherwise " group
Quote by Raijouta
Out of those two I'd get the Diablo... you can always rewire it to have 2 vol and 2 tone pots later.

Most certainly. Just get 2 concentric pots and rewire it or have it rewired.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I was going to say get the '61 Reissue and save the extra money for something else but THEY RAISED THE DAMN PRICES.

The '61 Reissue used to be like 1500 bucks, now it's 600 bucks more expensive and totally not worth it. If you can find a Diablo and you like it, might as well pick it up. It's not any more expensive then the '61.

I was thinking about picking a '61 Reissue up, but not anymore. Fuck Gibson, they've stolen enough of my money on shit guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Diablo!
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
D.I.A.B.L.O.
Really, this high up the food chain, Gibson don't **** around.
Beatiful guitar, wonderfully playable, sounds great.

But OH NO! You have to tune it YOURSELF! D:
Diablo, easily. The robot is a bit Gimmicky - if it was a bit cheaper, then I'd be interested...
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Diablo.
If you can't be bothered to tune your own guitar, maybe you should just quit your job and live on welfare.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Diablo has been ordered. That's my credit card maxed the month before Christmas! Oh well, **** everyone's presents I'm getting a Gibson SG Diablo!
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Get the Diablo the robots are horrible IMHO I have been eying a Diablo at my local Guitar Center. THe have a custom shop LP that I can't figure out if I want or not but that Diablo is probably the sexiest SG I have ever had in my hands.
Just thought I'd chime back in and say I have the Diablo now. I'm not just saying this because I just spent £1200 on it, but it's the best guitar I've ever played. Amazing to look at too.
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT