So, I have this Squier Strat Affinty Series lying around and I decided to customise it a little bit in order to be useable for gigs. So long I have installed a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Plus, on the bridge, and a misterious pickup which came with my main guitar which happens to sound amazing, on the neck eliminating the middle pickup. Controls are now two volume knobs and a master tone and instead of the five way switch Ive installed a Les Paul like three way near the jack. Also, Ive installed a pre-amp, changed the pickguard to a black one, repainted it white, made it look "relic", put a kill switch, made a couple of things on it not to make noise and changed the nut to a graphitech one. So, as I am a bit of a Floyd Rose guy I wanted to install a good tremolo on it but with Floyd I have to make too many modifications on the body, so my other option is the Kahler but I wanted to know if it is true that i can install one of these without any modifications on the body.
If this happened not to be true what other good trem would you recomend that wouldnt need no modification?
I think the new Hybrid kahlers are top mount and don't need any routing at all. Also if your getting a Kahler i suggest you get some hardwood scraps and fill in the back cavity and the trem block cavity for some extra tone and sustain

Also supervee, Stetsbar
Or if you like floating bridges you can get a Strat bridge with two studs and route a little bit on the back so you can pull back on it. Like this http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/1/Hipshot_Tremolo/Pictures.html#details

Or the Wilkinson VS-100N http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Wilkinson_Gotoh_VS-100N_Tremolo.html

And a nice set of locking tuners
Quote by LP Addict
research before you answer questions, kahler hybrids DO need routing.

you dont want a kahler, just trust me please. i know what i am talking about.

Why?
Also, what would you recommend?
kahlers are awful, the new ones really suck, the 80s ones are okay, but if your guitar is not BUILT for a kahler, it will not work. you would have to shim your neck up so much that all of your neck joint would be gone.
Quote by LP Addict
kahlers are awful, the new ones really suck, the 80s ones are okay, but if your guitar is not BUILT for a kahler, it will not work. you would have to shim your neck up so much that all of your neck joint would be gone.

So...recommendations if not a Kahler?...
Quote by LP Addict
what do you want? a strat tremolo properly set up will give you the same benefits of a kaherl. there is a strat locking tremolo that is great... cant remember the name.

The super Vee.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.