Sorry if this is in the wrong Place, But I wasn't quite sure where to post it.
I'm about to get a DI for my Bass because I'm currently too Poor to get a good amp. Where we Practice there is a Low quality PA+Speakers that are Good enough for Vocals.

My singer is freaking out at me saying that The sounds will Mess each other up. I don't know if we can send the signals through different Speakers.

Will me running my bass into the same PA and Speakers Really have a major impact on his sound?
I don't think there'll be a major impact, so long as it has enough power for both of you. Maybe if it's a PA designed specifically for vocals and only or vocals.
Last edited by Blaster Bob at Nov 9, 2008,
It depends on how good the PA is. If the PA has low power then it will struggle to support both the bass and vocals so the volume of each will be reduced significantly. Also, if the speakers aren't meant to handle bass frequencies then you could potentially damage them.

I would talk to whoever owns the PA, they probably know best. If all else fails then just try it out and see how the vocals sound. I would really recommend getting an amp though. Start saving up.
im not so sure if that would sound any good. you should do what shorty said and try it out and if it doesn't seem to have any problems then go for it, but you should definitely consider getting an amp for that bass.

although dont just try with vocals and bass, have a band practice with that set up to make sure you can hear everything. If the PA isnt made for it, then it wont put out the deep bass tones. just remember though that if you run it this way then if you want to turn the vocals up or down then the bass goes with it and vice versa.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Quote by shortyafter
It depends on how good the PA is. If the PA has low power then it will struggle to support both the bass and vocals so the volume of each will be reduced significantly. Also, if the speakers aren't meant to handle bass frequencies then you could potentially damage them.

I would talk to whoever owns the PA, they probably know best. If all else fails then just try it out and see how the vocals sound. I would really recommend getting an amp though. Start saving up.

I do have an Amp, But It's a piece of Trash Really, and it's a pain to get it around. If worst comes to worst, I'll just use that for practice and take the D.I. box for Gigs.

Thanks for advice though, I'll check with the owners about the PA.

Quote by Dunjma
im not so sure if that would sound any good. you should do what shorty said and try it out and if it doesn't seem to have any problems then go for it, but you should definitely consider getting an amp for that bass.

See above. Thanks again!
Last edited by Gofretless at Nov 9, 2008,