I'm a beginner and thinking of the epiphone les paul special 2 as my first electric guitar.Is this a good choice what do youall think.
It would be fine for a begginer guitar. You might want to check out a dean vendetta, its cheap and pretty good.
"Lord beer me strength."
dude thats my guitar. i got the wine red. its a pretty sweet beginner guitar. i like the sound it has. its so easy to play too i'd get it
I'd look at an Ibanez RG in that price range, but the LP is still good.
yeah, same here, ive got the wine red color too! It was and still is my first guitar for 6 years. It plays extremely well for its price and the overall performance is impressive. It works well for metal (what i usually play) and also other types of music. I would suggest this guitar.
I hardly had to do any maintenance on it since i got it.!
yup get it

its extremely good

however i went to guitar center today with $400 in my pocket(i luv birthdays)

and walked out with a RG3FM1 or something like that

EDIT: i mean its an extrmely good BEGINNER guitar
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Last edited by Jared8998 at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by black_sabbath85
yeah, same here, ive got the wine red color too! It was and still is my first guitar for 6 years. It plays extremely well for its price and the overall performance is impressive. It works well for metal (what i usually play) and also other types of music. I would suggest this guitar.
I hardly had to do any maintenance on it since i got it.!

has little to do with the topic, but.. regardless if you bought another guitar or not, wouldnt it always be your first guitar?

just.. throwing that out there.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by Creaz93
It would be fine for a begginer guitar. You might want to check out a dean vendetta, its cheap and pretty good.

Woohoo! My guitar actually got suggested for once instead of a ****ing LP, SG or a Strat.

...Sorry. This excites me. Makes me feel like my guitar is worth something

Anyway, for the sake of the thread, I'd recommend the Dean Vendetta also. I think it's extremely good for the price, especially for playing metal. It was my first guitar and it's still the only one I own. I've been playing it for a year and a half and the only maintenence I've had to do on it was on the tone knob because it broke but it was a small fix. I haven't even had to change any of the strings on it yet.
Yeah, Epiphone's good for beginner guitars..
But.. for a Metal Guitar (Going by your title)?

Well, I guess they aren't bad metal guitars, although you should really go for a lower end Ibanez for a beginner guitar, better quality, and basically far better at playing metal :]
Epiphones and all of the Les Paul style guitars have quite thick necks, so really you're making it difficult for yourself if you're a beginner and want to play metal, so yeah.. Ibanez :]

(FYI. Buckethead uses a LP and he absolutely RAPES)
Aha :]
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Yeah, Epiphone's good for beginner guitars..
But.. for a Metal Guitar (Going by your title)?

Well, I guess they aren't bad metal guitars, although you should really go for a lower end Ibanez for a beginner guitar, better quality, and basically far better at playing metal :]
Epiphones and all of the Les Paul style guitars have quite thick necks, so really you're making it difficult for yourself if you're a beginner and want to play metal, so yeah.. Ibanez :]

(FYI. Buckethead uses a LP and he absolutely RAPES)
Aha :]

Thicker neck = thicker tone = more br00talz

Also with beginner guitars the pickups are made pretty cheap but they are also versatile, what I am trying to say is that your choice of amp and pedals will make up most of your tone. As bad as it sounds in theory, pick a guitar you like the look and feel of, it will make you want to pick the thing up more.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I'd take a Yamaha Pacifica 012 or 112 over it any day. Cheap Epis are okay, but sometimes there are quality control issues. And the Yamahas are better anyway.
Yep, it would make a very good starting guitar.

since your into metal maybe later you would want to get an ESP.