What's UG's opinion on this?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-Studio-All-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481660

I tried a Peavey Classic 30, but it was too loud.

The 20W should do fine. It oughtta be loud enough for what I've been posting about the last several hours/days, right?

But it has EL34's not EL84's like Classic 30.

So how much difference in tone would this make?

Also, last thing about that Double Barrel, what if I run it through a 2x12 extension cab? Would it be loud enough for gigs then?

Also, I may try the 65 or 100W HV series, also by Kustom. I REALLY love their cleans.
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
I know it's only been 20 minutes but can someone answer my questions, please?

We love you. God Bless.
Dude....don't keep bumping, you'll get warned.

Try a bit later...what's the hurry?

(Sorry i couldn't help with the issue, i don't know much about the amp)
Quote by unet
Dude....don't keep bumping, you'll get warned.

Try a bit later...what's the hurry?

(Sorry i couldn't help with the issue, i don't know much about the amp)

I know, its just so irritating. Why doesnt anyone listen? I know its not a chat room.

What is the generally accepted time to wait until bumping or trying a new thread?

About your parenthesis were you refering to the Kustom or the Peavey?

We love you. God Bless.
Well you can turn the Windsor Studio down to very quiet levels and still get tube breakup. It's a single channel amp, they don't get clean when you roll down the volume, and you're pretty much stuck with a plexi/JCM800 kind of sound.

Personally I thought the Studio sounded a bit thin and small, but maybe that's just due to the one speaker (which is apparently not very good). I liked the sound of the half stack a lot better (obviously).
Quote by neptune1988

What is the generally accepted time to wait until bumping or trying a new thread?
About your parenthesis were you refering to the Kustom or the Peavey?

Bumping - half a day to a day or maybe a few hours if you really need an answer. As long as you're on the first page, you'll very likely get answered.

I was referring to both. I've never owned a tube amp or a Kustom.
Although if you're going solid state, I'm sure you can do a lot better than that Kustom.

I want to get one soon though! (tube amp)
Quote by Grawgos
did you check out the kustom site? http://www.kustom.com/product_family.aspx?TypeID=2&FamilyID=77&Tab=0

It has a video review of the HV series on it so you can hear what it sounds like.

I did check the site, they have some cool vids and stuff, but I cant watch em b/c i have dial-up.

Besides, Im going back to the shop today anyway to try some more stuff. So i will get to try HV.

Also after reading reviews on the Peavey Windsor combo, it may not have good cleans after all. So maybe its not for me.

We love you. God Bless.
I would go for a Kustom Defender. I tried one a while ago, and it was nothing short of amazing. Provided you don't need much distortion, which I'm guessing is a no. It's a 50W combo, I could have gotten it for $400 used, but they are about $600 new.
I agree the Defender is a great amp, but at 50W, its too loud.

They also make a 'Coupe. 36W which is still pretty loud.

Do they make a 15W or 20W?

What would be a good 20 watter with Kustom type cleans?

We love you. God Bless.