Alright, I got some money coming in. I'm getting that GK rig, the Schecter, and I've decided, an Ibanez to keep it company. The problem is, I'm stuck between an SR505 and an SR535. Basically the same bass, except the color and the neck wood. I'm more used to the feeling of a maple neck, so I'm leaning towards 535, but is there a huge difference in the tone of a wenge/bubinga vs. a maple neck? I played the 505 but never the 535, so I don't know. I loved the 505 tone but I need to know how badly not having that wenge will affect it.

*Awaits thefitz or another bass regular to come sweep him off his feet.*
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Last edited by Cody_Grey102 at Nov 9, 2008,
If you are getting a Schecter and a GK, AND want another bass, why not spend the whole bass money on ONE great bass? You could probably get a used Warwick or Spector, or a MIA Fender.
^+1
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
the wenge bubinga neck feels WWWAAAAYYYY better than the maple, and if u love the 505 tone, then whats the problem??
Because I use different tunings in single sets and I hate ruining my strings doing so.. Now, if you'd answer the question instead of flaming my decision, that'd be great.

By the way, the rig is a 1001Rb-II and a Neo 410 cab.

EDIT: I don't like the feel of Bubinga, I'm more used to maple.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
EDIT: I don't like the feel of Bubinga, I'm more used to maple.

then why are you asking us?
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by forstringwonder
then why are you asking us?

I was asking how badly the different neck wood would affect the tone. Did anyone read the original post?
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
How many different tunings. i really agree that it would be better to put more money into a much better bass. You can always change your lines abit. and it will be much more of an investment to get a much better bass than to intermediate ones. why not have a great bass to play through a great rig.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
maple would sound a tiny bit brighter, but a little eqing could easily fix that.
I use B-E-A-D-G, Bb-Eb-Ab-Db-Gb, A-D-A-D-G, and G-C-G-C-F, so having a bunch of intermediate basses really isn't that bad. It IS necessary to use all of these tunings, because I play for multiple bands who play many different styles.

Let's not assume that I haven't tried Warwicks and Spectors and whatnot, alright? I have, and they are great basses, don't get me wrong, but not what I'm looking for.

Anyone care to answer my question?

EDIT: Thank you to the person above me. Wasn't hard, was it? Bright is good. I like Bright. I also like deep, and warm. Both basses do that very well.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410