I'd really appreciate any suggestions you guys could give on my second guitar.

I have a Jackson SL3 soloist and love it but i am sick of the Floyd rose being such a pain in the ass when going to drop tunings. I play a lot of standard tuning stuff so I'll keep the Jackson in standard and get a hard-tail guitar for drop tunings (in flames, at the gates, etc)

My budget is about $1500 (give or take) Australian dollars and my amp is a ENGL screamer 50.

Again any help appreciated
thanks.
So you want a hard tail guitar. What else? Single coil or humbucker? Specific neck joint preference? Specific brand that you want? A particular design (eg. superstrat, LP, V)?
Forgot to mention needs humbuckers and preferably set neck or neck thru. Other than that I'm open to brands and designs.
Schecter Hellraiser series, or Blackjack ATX series personally. 24frets, mahogany with/without quilted maple top, full binding, EMGs or SD Blackouts, rosewood or ebony f/boards, set neck, good quality, very well priced (think $1000-1300 depending on model after bargaining if you're good).

The Schecter neck is a wee bit battier than the Jacksons, but alot of people like that.

Do you want a Mahogany sound? Your jackson is probably an Alder yeah? Any preference for pickups - active or passive, EMG or Seymour Duncan?

Want a fretboard that's maple? Rosewood? Ebony?

Like a finished or unfinished neck? Satin? Gloss?
Yeah I'm going for a darker sorta sound so mahogany would be best suited. I also wouldn't mind giving active pickups a go. Not to fussy bout the fretboard but I'd like a finished neck, satin or gloss not to picky.
Thanks for your help so far guys
Maybe try something from the Ibanez S series? They're made of mahogany, but they're really light. I'm pretty sure you can get them as hardtail or string through, but I'd have to check.

Also some sort of RG could be pretty cool too. But their necks are wicked thin and don't really suit some. I haven't played a Soloist before, how are they?
Quote by kenan6346
Maybe try something from the Ibanez S series? They're made of mahogany, but they're really light. I'm pretty sure you can get them as hardtail or string through, but I'd have to check.

Also some sort of RG could be pretty cool too. But their necks are wicked thin and don't really suit some. I haven't played a Soloist before, how are they?

S series also come with a trem which isn't what the op really wanted but that locking system does somewhat make them feel like a hard tail shame that they're very expensive. the ibanez SZ series all come in hardtail models
Washburn X50 pro? I think thats what it's called
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
yeah, what chapman said..
any opinions on the ec 500?
i'm currently saving up for a new guitar, and i was looking towards buying that one.
Maybe an Explorer? The pickups can easily be upgraded if you don't like the Gibson ones, and they have a nice fat tone. One guitar that I've alway been in love with, but is out of price range is the ESP M-1. Though it isn't mahogony. Its simplistic, and the looks are killer
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-MI-NBT-Standard-Neck-Thru-Electric-Guitar?sku=512955 (the answer is, None more black)
LTD EX400 or the Eclipse series
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
What about the Caparison Angelus HGS

Shaller fixed bridge and looks pretty awesome. If it plays anything like the dellinger, horus or applehorn it will be awesome
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!