I'm thinking that I can't coil tap my guitar but I have never did it before but have read up and done research but can I tap these pup?

If I can't i'll probably get an EMG 89 and Seymour Duncan AHB in my guitar.
1: Its coil split
2: We can't help you unless you either show us or tell us how many wires are coming out of the pickup. You can only coil split if there is 4 wired coming from the pickup, unless you want to take it apart and solder up some wires...
For humbuckers, it's coil 'splitting', not 'tapping'. 'Tapping' is something you do to single coils.

Anyway, if your humbucker has four-conductor wiring then you can split the pickup. Just look at the wires coming out of it, if there's four (well, many have five in total) then you're good to go. The standard is a red wire, a white wire, a green wire, a black wire and a bare wire.

If the pickup only has less wires coming from it, then you're out of luck.

As for exactly how it should be wired, that depends if you're using a push/pull pot, you want a rolling split, a mini toggle switch... there's lots of options. Websites for pickup makers like Seymour Duncan and Swineshead have all the diagrams.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by guitarcam123
1: Its coil split
2: We can't help you unless you either show us or tell us how many wires are coming out of the pickup. You can only coil split if there is 4 wired coming from the pickup, unless you want to take it apart and solder up some wires...

Ok, how would i go about soldering the wires from inside the pup
its pretty hard. You have to find the start of the wire of each coil and then the end of the copper wire. One end will most likely be under all the wires, but its worth taking the tape off and seeing if you can find both ends for each coil. Warning: you may ruin the pickup.