has anyone heard of a guitar brand called Rees? I hear they are based in Australia. I'm thinking of buying a custom model by them.
interesting i haven't heard of them. do you know if they're factory based or working out of their backyard?
Quote by Colgate Total
Sounds like a luthier.

Judging by the site, you should be fine.

ok.

so what is the difference between a luthier and a company such as Gibson et al?

to the first guy, they are like a cottage industry (i think)
luthier - single person working doing all the operations from prepping wood to cutting wood to sticking wood together to painting wood to setting up the guitar.

company - broken up into several stages of guitar building with many people doing certain jobs.

edit: by the way these guys are set up in the UK
Quote by azn_guitarist25
luthier - single person working doing all the operations from prepping wood to cutting wood to sticking wood together to painting wood to setting up the guitar.

company - broken up into several stages of guitar building with many people doing certain jobs.

cool.

based on this, it seems they're more of a company.

anyone have any experience with them?
*reported*

no advertising bub - and this certainly looks like it. You've already made a thread about a Rees guitar that you "own" and want to get rid of the logo, now you're asking this.

Seems like a sneaky effort to generate interest in the name to me, if it isn't then I have no idea what it is you're on about
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by azn_guitarist25

i think he means these guys http://www.customguitarworks.com.au/default.htm

EDIT: not these guys http://www.rees-electric-guitars.com/Materials.html