If anyone has this guitar, I want to hear your opinions on them.
They look like single cut sgs, but has a weird system that lets you make the humbucker to a single coil pick up.
Very interested
i think what youre thinking of is a Coil Tap system..
and yeah, they're sweet looking guitars. wouldnt mind one
Quote by A Certain Death
i think what youre thinking of is a Coil Tap system..
and yeah, they're sweet looking guitars. wouldnt mind one

proper term is Coil Split mate and it is a wondeful feature
No, he's right, they have a special control which as you turn it changes the sund from a humbucker sound to a single coil, and you can have it anywhere inbetween these sounds. I just can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but it's different from a coil split kinda.

EDIT: Found it. It's called "Voice contour control"

* A unique coil tapping system that allows players to incrementally blend between a humbucking sound and a single coil sound without the hum normally associated with single coils.
* Similar to the concept of a dimmer switch but related to the tone of a guitar.
* Simple, stage-friendly tone controls.
* Turn the VCC knob up for a traditional humbucker sound.
* Turn it down... you get the character of a single coil.
* No batteries or preamps needed!
* A Washburn exclusive product!
* Available on the WI45, WI64, WI64DL, & WI66PRO
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Last edited by Azza Dutt at Nov 9, 2008,
Never tried the VCC system myself, but every review I've read says it sucks balls. The Idols look cool though.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
they are sweet looking, I just love the shape.

I heard from the guitar store that the feature is only available for Washburn because they invented it.
great fast necks. the mid range model already have duncan custom custom/59 set in them. They are good to go right out of the box usually.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I've played a few (64 and 45 to name some), and they're great. Really comforatable, really balanced weight, I love the necks. They look fantastic as well. I'm getting the 200 Pro once I get the money.
As for the VCC, I've heard reviews contrary to that of Green Jelly, and those are that its awesome.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
My friend has one, its his baby and to be honest it is a really nice guitar. The Vcc system is just alright though, nothing special.
Quote by kaptink
My friend has one, its his baby and to be honest it is a really nice guitar. The Vcc system is just alright though, nothing special.

yeah, I heard it's not that revolutionary
Well they're all lookers. I especially love the goldtop looking one. I've tried several, they're really nice guitars, and there's one for every style of music there is. Except perhaps shred, they're lacking in 2D neck profiles and quadruple locking trems.
The vintage, classic rock/blues orientated ones stick out as the best to me.
Quote by Rock Pig
Well they're all lookers. I especially love the goldtop looking one. I've tried several, they're really nice guitars, and there's one for every style of music there is. Except perhaps shred, they're lacking in 2D neck profiles and quadruple locking trems.
The vintage, classic rock/blues orientated ones stick out as the best to me.

the cherry red is bloody beautiful
Quote by radomu
the cherry red is bloody beautiful

Have you seen the "aged finish" ones? It's hard to find a finish that good-looking on a guitar at that price.
Quote by Rock Pig
Have you seen the "aged finish" ones? It's hard to find a finish that good-looking on a guitar at that price.

nope, how much?

The one I want is about 600 bucks
Which one is that?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by radomu
nope, how much?

The one I want is about 600 bucks

$899
Not a super cheapy, but the finish to price ratio is still great. Only problem is, you miss out on the Duncan pickups. Oh well. *buys*
Quote by Rock Pig
$899
Not a super cheapy, but the finish to price ratio is still great. Only problem is, you miss out on the Duncan pickups. Oh well. *buys*

u bought it?
Quote by radomu
u bought it?

No, I'm just expressing that I think it's awesome.
I don't actually have one nor have I the money to get one, nor will I for a while, but If I had that money around gathering dust, I probably WOULD buy it.
Quote by Rock Pig
No, I'm just expressing that I think it's awesome.
I don't actually have one nor have I the money to get one, nor will I for a while, but If I had that money around gathering dust, I probably WOULD buy it.

oh i would buy it too
I've got a WI64 and they neck is great, but the electronics and hardware leave a bit to be desired.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Does anyone own or tried a Washborn WI45?
I'm about to purchase a guitar and I'm torn between 3 of the washburns

WI200 PRO- £259.00 - great reviews but no set in neck

WI45 - £289.00 - no reviews i can find - but set in neck - Randall UL neck and SL bridge pickups - know nothing about these

WI66 - £379.00 - seems to have it all but £90.00 more than WI45?

I've heard that set in necks have better sustain so I've counted out the WI200. I don't know whether to have the WI45 as it's £90.00 the only difference that i can see between this one and the wi66 is the pickups.
My question is is the WI66 worth the extra £90.00?

http://www.soundtech.co.uk/washburn/idol/wi45

also does anyone think that I should reconsider the WI200 because the difference in sustain won't be noticed?

Thanks
Last edited by RhinoMan88 at Feb 1, 2009,